Deadline for posters is 5 p.m.
– Dixonville Lincoln Community Association sponsoring trip to Cherokee Casino this Saturday. Leaving 7 a.m. from Salisbury Mall parking lot. Leaving Cherokee at 7 p.m. Contact Harold Broadway: 704-638-0957.
– The Concord-Logan Optimist Club will sponsor its first lawn party from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday at Barber-Scotia College, 145 Cabarrus Ave. W., Concord. The event includes a light meal, music, leisure activities and fellowship. Cost is $15.
– The memorial service for Kathleen F. Hoover has been cancelled due to a death at Macedonia Missionary Baptist Church.
– Outlook seminar with Ed Eddleman, computer technology expert from Charlotte, being held at Favorites Studio, 1121 Old Concord Road Sept. 10. Preregistration required. 704–855-2741. email@example.com.
– Woodleaf High School reunion for classes of 1928 through 1942, at Ryan’s, 730 Jake Alexander Blvd., noon, Aug. 29. Guests welcome.
– Dunbar High School class of 1957 is invited to a barbeque at the Geneva Oglesby Center in Granite Quarry on Sept. 7, 3 p.m. Please RSVP by Aug. 31 to Jim Corpening, 704-279-5396 or 704-798-2342 or Catherine Corpening, 704-279-7871.