Deadline for posters is 5 p.m.
– Yadkin Grove Missionary Baptist Church youth enrichment port-a-pit dinner, starts 11 a.m. today. 1354 W. Innes St. $8. To order contact 704-223-2917 or 704-223-2918.
– J. C. Price High School Alumni Association Salisbury Chapter meeting Saturday at 5 p.m. at the home of Mrs. Iler Davis, 1110 Barbour St. New members welcome. For information contact Carolyn Williams, president, 704-633-7162.
– The United House of Prayer for All People kitchen will be open 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday.
– R.A. Clement Alumni Association meeting Saturday, 9 a.m., Allen Temple Presbyterian Church. 704-278-4341.
– West Rowan Seniors meet Tuesday, Aug. 25, St. Luke’s Lutheran Church. Ice cream social.
– New Beginnings End-Time Harvest Ministries, 132 N. Green St., two day crusade Aug. 20 and 21 with nationally-known Evangelist Lady Johnson from Restoration temple C.O.G.I.C. of Lexington. Guest speaker Sunday: Apostle Harold A. Wilson.
– Salisbury Seventh-day Adventist Church, 305 Rudolph Road; Saturday service, 11 a.m., speaker: Pastor Grant, “Boot Camp.” Saturday sabbath school, 9:45 a.m.
– R and B Benefit Dance Sunday, J.C. Price Post 107; men in free until 11 p.m.; donation $6, 9-11 p.m., $8, 11-close; music by DJ Danny D; reduced price drinks. Dress to impress.