AARP offers tax help in Concord
CONCORD ó Beginning on Monday, Feb. 2, the AARP will offer free tax assistance for taxpayers with low- and middle-income at the Cabarrus County Senior Center, 331 Corban Ave. SE, Concord.
Special attention will be given to those individuals 60 years of age and older.
Hours for the service will be Mondays and Wednesdays, from 8:30 a.m. until 1 p.m. This program will be available until Wednesday, April 15.
Appointments for assistance can be made by calling the Senior Center at 704-920-3484, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Walk-in clients will also be assisted on a first come-first serve basis.
Please bring the following to the appointment:
– Current year’s tax forms and preparation booklet;
– Copy of last year’s income tax return(s);
– W-2 forms from each employer;
– Unemployment compensation statements;
– SSA-1099 form (if you were paid Social Security benefits);
– All 1099 forms (1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-B, etc.) showing interest and/or dividends and documentation showing original purchase price of sold assets;
– 1099-misc showing any miscellaneous income;
– 1099-R form if you received a pension or annuity;
– All forms indicating federal income tax paid;
– Dependent care provider information (name, employer, ID, Social Security number);
– All receipts or canceled checks if itemizing deductions, Social Security cards or other official documentation for yourself and all dependents;
– Receipts for real estate taxes;
– Notice 1378 economic stimulus payment.