District Court Nov. 12
CAAFóCourt-appointed attorney fee
CSWóCommunity service work
DCóDismissed by the court
NAóNotice of appeal
NPCóNo probable cause found
PCóProbable cause found
PJC/CóPrayer for judgment continued/court costs
SAAóSubstance abuse assessment
VDóDismissal without leave by district attorney
Disposition of cases heard Nov. 12 in Rowan District Probable Cause Court by Judge Beth Dixon:
– Felony conspiracy to sell / deliver schedule VI controlled substance – Marquise J. Cathcart, VD.
– Felony fleeing/elude arrest with a motor vehicle – Daniel Ray Corum, also felony habitual impaired driving, WPC in both cases, also speeding, also reckless driving to endanger, also driving while impaired, also resisting public officer, also driving while license revoked, also civil revocation of drivers license, VD in all 6 cases.
– Felony possession of cocaine – Janquenette B. Davis, 5-6 months, suspended, 18 months probation, $200 fine, court costs, CAAF, SAA, evidence destroyed.
– Felony first degree rape – David Avila Garcia, 2 charges, also felony indecent liberties with child, PC in all three cases.
– Possession of 1/2 oz to 1 1/2 of marijuana – Dequarn Michael Harte, also possession of drug paraphernalia, suspended, 12 months probation, SAA, drug education, 24 hours CSW, $100 fine, court costs, destroy evidence, also possession of up to 1/2 oz of marijuana, VD; Lecourtney Q. Murphy, also simple possession of schedule IV controlled substance, 12 months, CAAF, $100 fine, court costs, SAA, 24 hour CSW, drug education school, evidence to be destroyed, also felony possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver schedule VI controlled substance, VD, also driving while license revoked, also operating a vehicle with no insurance, VD in both cases.
– Felony first-degree burglary- Thomas D. Llewellyn, also felony larceny after breaking/entering, PC in both cases.
– Carrying concealed weapon- Joel Carcamo Lopez, 11 days served, 11 days credit, evidence to be destroyed, also felony possession of burglary tools, VD.
– Felony obtaining property by false pretense – Linda Gail Persinger, 5-6 months, suspended, 24 months probation, court costs, CAAF, restitution, also 3 more charges, also felony embezzlement, VD in all 4 cases; Karen Renee Staton, two charges, 9-11 months, suspended, 24 months probation, 6 months intense probation, DNA sample, restitution, court costs, CAAF, SAA, no contact with victim, also 9 more charges of felony obtaining property by false pretense, VD in all 9 cases.
– Felony breaking or entering a motor vehicle – Jacob Michael Sanner, three charges, also three charges of felony larceny of motor vehicle, 10-12 months, restitution, also two more charges felony breaking or entering a motor vehicle, possession of stolen goods/ property and five charges of misdemeanor larceny, VD in all 8 cases.
– Felony breaking and or entering – James Burl Smith, PC, NC, also felony larceny after breaking/entering.
– Felony possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver Schedule II controlled substance- James Arthur Smith, also felony maintain vehicle, dwelling, place for controlled substance, WPC in both cases, also driving while license revoked, failure to stop at stop sign/flashing red light, VD
* Felony larceny of motor vehicle – Ricky Anthony Strong, also two charges felony breaking or entering a motor vehicle, 8-10 months, suspended, 24 months probation, 6 months intensive probation, 30 days special probation, $200 fine, court costs, CAAF, DNA sample, life skills course, no contact with co-defendent, victim or their families, also three charges misdemeanor larceny, two charges possession of stolen goods, also felony breaking or entering a motor vehicle, VD in all six cases.
– Contributing to the delinquency of a minor – Dermarko D. Sturdivant, two charges,VD in both.
– Felony larceny of chose in action – Rodney Darnel Tillman, NPC.