Prep Football Preview: North Rowan at Salisbury
* Time: 7:30 p.m.
* Records: North Rowan 0-9, 0-5 CCC; Salisbury 9-0, 5-0 CCC
* Series: Salisbury leads 23-18-2
* Last meeting: Salisbury nipped the Cavaliers 14-12 in 2007
* Last game: North lost to Central Davidson 29-20 on Monday; Salisbury won at Ledford 24-7 on Monday
* Next week: North is home against Lexington; Salisbury is at Providence Grove to finish the regular season
* Home and road splits: Salisbury is 5-0 at home; North is 0-4 on the road
* Game notes: On paper, it’s one of the biggest mismatches in the history of the series, but it’s a rivalry game and the Cavaliers will show up.
Salisbury weathered a challenging stretch by beating West Davidson, Lexington and Ledford back-to-back, and is now in great position to enjoy its first perfect regular season and first undefeated conference season since 1995.
Salisbury has won the last four meetings in the series, including last year’s thriller that was finally sealed by an interception by Martin Hosch-Cathcart.
SHS coach Joe Pinyan is now 57-17 overall in six seasons and 32-7 in CCC games.
Salisbury is more explosive than the Cavaliers offensively, averaging 33.3 points a game to North’s 7.1.
Salisbury rushes for 251 yards per game. North normally allows 100 fewer yards than that, so it will be interesting to see the final numbers for Dario Hamilton (765 rushing yards) and A.J. Ford (589).
Salisbury’s bend-don’t-break defense includes unsung players such as linebacker Linares Pagan.
Sophomore linebacker Terry Allen is competing hard for North, and studs Vince Shropshire and Javon Hargrave could play for anyone in the area.
Start with a strong dose of lyrical singer-songwriter acoustic folk. Add a helping of catchy hooks mixed with modern rock... read more