Prep Football Preview: Carson at Northwest Cabarrus
* Time: 7:30 p.m.
* Records: Carson 3-5, 2-4 NPC; NW Cabarrus 3-5, 1-5 NPC
* Series: Trojans lead 2-0
* Last meeting: Northwest romped 51-7 in 2007
* Last week: Carson lost 10-6 at home against North Iredell; Northwest played Saturday and fell 35-22 to West Iredell
* Next week: Carson is home against Statesville; Northwest is at East Rowan
* Game notes: Itís an even game between two teams that desperately need a victory.
Northwestís only league victory came at the expense of North Iredell, and the Trojans havenít won in front of their home fans since Aug. 29.
Carson has lost three straight since its thrilling victory at Lake Norman. The Cougars also own a league win against East Rowan, a team Northwest hasnít faced yet.
Northwestís offense ranks eighth in scoring in league games, while Carson is seventh. Carsonís defense ranks ninth in NPC games, while Northwest ranks seventh.
Northwest comes in with a little momentum after making a furious comeback in the fourth quarter against West Iredell. The Trojans got two safeties and a blocked punt return for a TD by Matt Pless as they scored 17 unanswered points in the fourth quarter against the Warriors.
Freshman quarterback Arrick Hincher threw 44 times for the Trojans last week. Five were picked off, so Carson DBs such as Zack Grkman and Jenson Harden will have a chance to create turnovers.
It should come down to the big guys. Players such as Northwestís Kevin Friel and Carsonís Wayne Lyman will determine who controls the line of scrimmage.
Carson could use a big game from Daniel Yates. Heís been quiet since the Lake Norman game.
From staff reports Cats are supposed to have nine lives. No definite word from insect experts on how many lives... read more