Prep Football Preview: Piedmont at A.L. Brown
* Time: 7:30 p.m.
* Records: Piedmont 0-8, 0-5 SPC; A.L. Brown 5-2, 3-1 SPC
* Series: A.L. Brown leads 7-0
* Last meeting: Wonders rolled 56-10 in 2007
* Last week: Piedmont lost to Parkwood 35-7; A.L. Brown had its open week
* Next week: Piedmont has an off week and will probably need it after tonight; A.L. Brown travels to Harrisburg to take on Hickory Ridge
* Game notes: The Wonders have never lost to Piedmont and won’t tonight unless something amazing happens. Brown’s game with Piedmont last year was notable only because Artrele Louis rushed for 242 yards on three carries with TD runs of 62, 89 and 91 yards.
Brown is in good shape in the SPC race. Four teamsó Brown, Sun Valley, Anson and Marvin Ridge ó have one loss each. Brown’s already played all three contenders and beat Sun Valley and Marvin Ridge. The Wonders will play the league’s bottom group the rest of the way, but that group includes Concord, which is never a routine opponent.
Brown’s off week healed some injuries. Johnathan Wiliams hurt one ankle against South Rowan and the other one against Marvin Ridge. He sat out Brown’s most recent game, but he may return tonight.
Brown is also optimist about getting starting O-lineman Cameron Gulledge (ankle) back in action soon.
Piedmont appears to be better than it was last season, but it’s still been outscored 281-93. The Wonders have outscored foes 227-143.
Jamill Lott has thrown for 789 yards and seven TDs. T.J. Johnson has 24 catches for 297 yards.
Keep an eye on Brown DB Xavier Watson. He ran back a pick for a TD last season against Piedmont and had another pick-6 in this year’s Parkwood game.