District Court Oct. 6
CAAFóCourt-appointed attorney fee
CSWóCommunity service work
DCóDismissed by the court
NAóNotice of appeal
PJC/CóPrayer for judgment continued/court costs
SAAóSubstance abuse assessment
VDóDismissal without leave by district attorney
Disposition of cases heard Oct. 6 in Rowan District Criminal, Traffic and Infractions Court by Judge Beth Dixon:
– Speeding in highway work zone ó Sarah Nguyen Baker, $250 fine, court cost, also expired/no inspection sticker, VD.
– Careless and reckless driving ó OIuniyi A. Bankole, $100 fine, court cost.
– Injury to real property ó Charles William Bell, VD; Carolyn S. Sanders, PJC/C, CAAF.
– Driving while impaired ó Torrence Jerome Bond, 120 days, suspended, 24 months probation, $200 fine, court cost, CAAF, SAA, 48 hours CSW, also no operator’s license and driving left of center, VD.
– Failure to notify Department of Motor Vehicles of address change ó Travis Lyrone Briggs, $75 fine, court cost, also driver failure to wear seat belt, RS, also failure to stop for stop sign/flashing red light, VD; Nathan Floyd Mullins, three charges, $50 fine and court cost in one case, $100 fine and court cost in other two cases, also expired/no inspection sticker, expired registration card/tag, driving/allowing motor vehicle with no registration to be driven and operating vehicle with no insurance, VD in all four cases; Angela Star Penninger, Martina Rogers Shipp, $50 fine, court cost, also speeding, VD; Miguel Angel Pinales, $50 fine, court cost.
– Unsafe movement ó Alex Young Bruce, $25 fine, court cost.
– Speeding ó David Todd Christy Jr., $65 fine, court cost, also no operator’s license, RS; Shannon Melissa Deese, Varner Lee Fortune, Katrina Ann Davis, PJC/C; Lisa Marie Hickey, Darryl William Hines, $15 fine, court cost; Stephen Peter Krisel, $10 fine, court cost; Derrick Ramon Malloy, Michael David Notter, $30 fine, court cost; Juliana Millan, PJC/C, also unsafe movement, VD.
– Resisting public officer ó Joshua Wayne Cobb, also consumption of alcohol by 19/20 year old, 30 days, suspended 12 months, court cost, 48 hours CSW, CAAF.
– Misdemeanor probation violation ó Christopher Earnhardt, Jackson James Rose, probation terminated successfully.
– Possession of drug paraphernalia ó Angela Denise Fisher, 90 days, suspended, 18 months probation, court cost, CAAF, SAA, evidence to be destroyed.
– Fishing in undesignated areas ó Isabel Secerra Guerra, one day, credit one day served.
– Driving while license revoked ó Charmaine Hairston, two charges, $400 fine, court cost, NA; James C. Honbarrier, also driving under the influence, DC; Zenon Rojas Ramirez, 30 days, suspended 12 months, $200 fine, court cost, also speeding, VD; Diallo Kyon Reddick, 90 days, suspended, 12 months probation, $200 fine, court cost, Life Skills program; Melanie Jane Miller, 14 days, credit 14 days served.
– Unlawfully passing emergency vehicle ó William Anderson Hunter, PJC/C.
– Driving left of center ó Barry Steven Jones, PJC/C.
– Expired registration card/tag ó William Joseph Kelly, also expired/no inspection sticker and failure to notify Department of Motor Vehicles of address change, VD.
– Exceeding safe speed ó Anthony Joseph Little, $35 fine, court cost, also improper speedometer, VD.
– Open container alcohol violation ó Johnny Wayne Luckey, also resisting public officer and disorderly conduct, 50 days, credit 50 days served.
– Shoplifting concealment of goods ó Jennifer Carol Miller (also known as Jennifer Dewitt-Miller), seven days, suspended 12 months, court cost, remain away from Wal-Mart, Life Skills program.
– Following too closely ó Colbert Byron Prime, PJC/C.
– Second-degree trespassing ó Steven Edward Rice, DC.
– Failure to reduce speed ó Billy Frank Shepherd, VD.
– Simple possession of Schedule VI controlled substance ó Robert M. Singletray (also known as Robert M. Singletary), 10 days, credit 10 days served, evidence to be destroyed.
– Expired/no inspection sticker ó Kenya Lynn Smith, court cost, also operating vehicle with no insurance, VD.
– Possession of malt beverage/ unfortified wine by anyone not 19/20 ó Erin Nicole Moore, also consumption of alcohol by anyone under age 19, VD.
– Communicating threats ó Charles Bell, also two charges injury to real property, 100 days, also second-degree trespassing, VD.