Notes from the Farmer’s Market
– Look for lots of fall produce at the market this week, including greens, crowder peas, butter beans, winter squash, apples and pumpkins.
– After Sept. 15, vendors are allowed to offer items they haven’t produced themselves in whatever ratio they wish.
– Some vendors are working on plans to continue selling directly to customers. Contact them personally:
– Charolais Beef ó 704-855-2697;
– Wild Turkey Farms ówildturkey_farms@yahoo.com
– The Olde Homestead ó 704-637-8793
– Dawn’s Greenhouse ó 704-639-1929 or 704-433-4710.
The market, at the corner of South Main and Bank Streets, is open from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m., Wednesday and Saturday.
This is Sara Pitzer’s final dispatch from the Farmer’s Market. The market will remain open through the end of October. For market news, log onto salisburyfarmersmarket.com.
Notes from the Farmer’s Market will resume in the spring when the market reopens.