Vandals smash windows in several vehicles in unrelated incidents
Published 12:00 am Sunday, September 7, 2008
Vandals smashed windows in several vehicles in apparently unrelated incidents in recent days.
According to Salisbury Police Department reports:
– Joyce Jordan Richards reported vandals broke the windshield in her vehicle while it was parked at 508 S. Main St. the night of Aug. 29.
– Two days later, on Aug. 31, Wanda Sides Bradshaw reported vandals broke a window in her vehicle while it was parked at 104 Lancelot Road.
– Also on Aug. 31, Vonte Vandorn Adams reported vandals broke the windshield in his vehicle while it was parked at 410 Grace St.
In other Police Department reports:
– Someone tried to steal used cooking oil from Bojangle’s restaurant, 1939 W. Jake Alexander Blvd., on Sept. 1.
– A burglar tried to break into El Mercado, 848 S. Main St., the night of Aug. 29.
– Dena Valesa Crowder, 42, streets of Salisbury, was charged Aug. 30 with injury to personal property and second-degree trespassing based on a complaint by Norman Willis Edwards, 512B E. Fisher St. She was held pending a bond hearing. Trial date is Sept. 23.
– Kurt Van Ribelin reported tools stolen from his work truck while it was parked at Lowe’s, 207 Faith Road, Aug. 30.
– Ethel R. Sides reported a burglar tried to break into a neighbor’s home at 2820 Seventh St. on Aug. 30.
– Maria Guadalupe Botello Olvera, 114 Crawford St., reported video game systems and games stolen during an Aug. 30 burglary at her home.
– Three juveniles were charged Aug. 30 with shoplifting at Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St.
– A cash register was taken during an Aug. 30 strong-arm robbery at the Pop Shoppe, 939 S. Jake Alexander Blvd.
– Albertina Jackson reported an orange sundress stolen from her motel room at 321 Bendix Drive the night of Aug. 30.
– Debra Gray-Charles Helms, 106 Clancy St., reported the Aug. 31 theft of a wallet and cash stolen from her home.
– Christopher Lamont Blakeney, 38, 608C Third St., Spencer, was charged Sept. 1 with felony possession of a Schedule II controlled substance and felony possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver a Schedule VI controlled substance at 200 N. Shaver St. He was held under $3,000 secured bond pending a first appearance in court.
– Patrick Dewayne Morrison reported a Sept. 1 vandalism at 603 Cherry St.
– David Hyde Jr., 53, 624 Forney St., was charged Sept. 1 with misdemeanor larceny of a bicycle tire inner tube from Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St. He was released on a written promise to appear in court Sept. 29.
– Maurice Dorsey, 32, 715 Hall St., No. 28H, was charged Aug. 30 with second-degree trespassing at 612 Old Mocksville Ave. He was held under $500 secured bond pending an Oct. 6 trial date.
– Ricky Lee Hoskins Jr., 29, 509 Grove St., was charged Aug. 31 with resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer and assault on a female based on a complaint by Candise Rene Leach, same address. He was held pending a bond hearing. Trial date is Sept. 22.
– Aaron Lee Brown, 19, 1140 Lawing Drive, Landis, was charged Aug. 29 with using a telephone to threaten bodily harm, based on a complaint by Tracy Brown, 370 Clearfield Drive, Mooresville. Brown was held under $500 secured bond pending a Sept. 25 trial date.
– Thomas Edwin Brown, 48, 932 Lincolnton Road, was charged Aug. 29 with assault by pointing a gun based on a complaint by Bessie L. McClelland of Lexington. He was held pending a bond hearing. Trial date is Sept. 25.
– Paul David Ellison, 32, 347 Snider Kines Road, Linwood, was charged Aug. 30 with felony malicious conduct by a prisoner at 4750 S. Main St. He was held under $10,000 secured bond pending a first appearance in court.
– Norde David Wilson reported vandals painted graffiti on a driveway at 805 S. Ellis St. between Aug. 26 and Sept. 1.
– Augusta Lynn Bungard reported someone tried to steal items from a vehicle parked at 420 Chesapeake Drive between Aug. 29 and Sept. 2.
– Mary Ellis Bryson reported the Aug. 28 theft of a motorcycle trailer from her yard at 1811 Dewberry Place.
– A counterfeit $10 bill was passed Aug. 29 at the Family Dollar Store, 521 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
– Doris Burton Boyd reported items stolen from a vehicle parked at 629 S. Clay St. Sept. 2.
– A 50-year-old man reported he was assaulted Sept. 2 at the intersection of East Council and North Lee streets.
– Marla Rayfield reported two suspects tried to pass a counterfeit check Sept. 2 at Community One Bank, 225 Faith Road.
– Charlie Briggs reported the theft of a computer and bike from 507 Wiley Ave. the night of Sept. 1.
– Jeremy Jaquis Williams reported his laptop computer stolen Aug. 29 from the Holiday Inn parking lot at 530 S. Jake Alexander Blvd.
– Joyce Anne Murphy reported a Sept. 2 vandalism at 1614 Standish St.
– Donna Arnette Thorne, 44, was charged Sept. 2 with felony possession of a controlled substance on prison or jail premises at 117 W. Liberty St.
– A 44-year-old female reported she was assaulted Sept. 3 at 100 N. Shaver St.