District Court Aug. 28
CAAFóCourt-appointed attorney fee
CSWóCommunity service work
DCóDismissed by the court
NAóNotice of appeal
PJC/CóPrayer for judgment continued/court costs
SAAóSubstance abuse assessment
VDóDismissal without leave by district attorney
VLóDismissal with leave by district attorney
Disposition of cases heard Aug. 28 in Rowan District Criminal Court by Judge William C. Kluttz:
– Expired registration card/tag ó Brenda A. Aguilera, VD, also license not in possession, VD; Vladimiar A. Lynch, VD, also expired/no inspection sticker, VD.
– Driving while impaired ó Jerry W. Avery Sr., six months, suspended two years, $250 fine,court cost, 12 hours CSW, SAA, also failure to reduce speed, VD; Jerek Mark Cannon, 60 days, suspended one year, $100 fine, court cost, SAA, 24 hours CSW; Devon Anthony Hylton, 24 months, suspended, four years probation, nine months intensive probation with CSW, special probation of 30 days in jail, credit time in inpatient treatment, $1,000 fine, court cost, SAA, also driving while license revoked, 45 days to run consecutively with any sentence, same terms as driving while impaired judgment; Diann Wilder (also known as Diann Sanders), 120 days, credit 120 days served, also possession of up to a ounce of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and possessing open container/consuming alcohol in passenger area, VD in all three cases.
– Driving while license revoked ó Andy Lee Beckham, 100 days, credit 42 days served; Deborah Dwiggins Brown, two charges, 45 days, suspended, 18 months probation, $350 fine, court cost; Latoya Nicole Jordan, also three charges failure to secure passenger under age 16, 45 days, suspended, 18 months probation, $325 fine, court cost, also second charge driving while license revoked, 45 days to run consecutively with first sentence, suspended, 18 months probation, $250 fine, also speeding, VD, also expired registration card/tag, VD; Frankie Lee Lambert, two charges, 120 days in one case, suspended, 18 months probation, nine days in jail in lieu of court cost and fine, CAAF, VD in second case; Christopher Torrence, 45 days at expiration of earlier sentence, suspended, 18 months probation, $200 fine, court cost.
– Selling/distributing tobacco product to minor ó Bobby Allen Brown, VL.
– Failure to secure passenger under age 16 ó Carolena Bush, VD, also no operator’s license, VD; Damika Rashell White, also failure to secure passenger under age 16, $50 fine, court cost.
– No operator’s license ó Carlos Soto Campos, $50 fine, court cost, also driving left of center, VD; Ronald Alexander Molina, $50 fine, court cost; Brittney Lynne Rabon, also failure to yield, VD.
– Failure to notify Department of Motor Vehicles of address change ó Christopher L. Carter, $50 fine, court cost, also possessing/displaying fictitious, cancelled, revoked registration card/tag, VD.
– Resisting public officer ó Antonio Eugene Craig, 60 days, suspended 12 months, court cost, Life Skills course.
– Second-degree trespassing ó Mark Anthony Crawford, 10 days, suspended six months, special probation of one day in jail, credit time served, remain away from Amoco.
– Possessing/displaying fictitious, cancelled, revoked registration card/tag ó Rita J. Farrell, VD, also expired/no inspection sticker, VD.
– Misdemeanor larceny ó Charles P. Forbes-Bey, 90 days, remain away from Historic Salisbury Foundation and Jack Thompson, NA.- Learner’s permit violation by person over age 18 ó Linda Michele Haire, VD.
– Driving left of center ó Travis Michael Hall, VD.
– Receiving stolen goods/property ó Bryan Thomas Hill, 120 days, suspended, 12 months probation to run consecutively with any sentence, six months intensive probation, nine months Day Reporting Center, court cost, CAAF, SAA.
– Possession of malt beverage/ unfortified wine by anyone not 19/20 ó Mattie Ann Lanier, PJC/C.
– Simple affray ó Tiffany Nicole Long, PJC/C, CAAF; Victoria Elaine Vaughan, PJC/C.
– Possession of up to a ounce of marijuana ó Terry L. McCullough, VL; Eliseo Sanchez, 10 days, suspended one year, court cost, CAAF, evidence to be destroyed.
– Driving after consuming by anyone under 21 ó Paula Elizabeth Morrison, 30 days, suspended, 12 months probation, SAA, court cost.
– Unsafe movement ó Christopher W. Perrell, $25 fine, court cost.
– Breaking or entering ó Eric Paul Rice, DC, frivolous prosecution.
– Consumption of alcohol by anyone under 19 ó Dustin Micheal Ritch, PJC/C.
– Assault on a female ó Robert Alton Shipwash, 150 days, suspended, 12 months probation, court cost, SAA, restitution, remain away from John Reney, also breaking or entering and simple assault, 120 days to run consecutively with first sentence, same terms; Asha Rankin, in lieu of court cost/credit time served, frivolous prosecution.
– Operating vehicle with no insurance ó Joyce Talford Simpson, VD.
– Disorderly conduct ó Ty Robert Smith, PJC/C.
– Speeding ó Sharon Agee, Tammy Britt Starnes, $15 fine, court cost.