Notes from the Farmer’s Market
– David Correll, president of the Salisbury Farmer’s Market, says we’re into the peak summer produce season. Expect to find squash, cucumbers, and corn in abundance, with tomatoes beginning to come on in greater quantity as well.
– Cantaloupes are plentiful.
– Cress Farms has Black Russian tomatoes and a new variety of stringless green bean, the Roma, which is nearly flat and is tender and flavorful.
– For peaches, you need to arrive early as they sell out quickly.
– Country Garden Produce may have a few limas and purple crowder peas.
The Farmer’s Market, at the corner of South Main and Bank streets, is open 7 a.m.-2 p.m. Wednesday and Saturday.
ó Compiled by Sara Pitzer