Family Fun Day at Waterworks set for Saturday
Come to Waterworks Visual Arts Center on Saturday, June 21, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. for a full day of art activities at Waterworks and the F&M Bank Trolley Barn.
This year’s theme for Family Fun Day is “Keeping It Green!”
Children of all ages may join in to create a “Summer Solstice” papier mache sun, create a nature painting with sidewalk chalk, or stop by any of the four other art stations for fun art projects.
* “Grow a Tree” with sidewalk chalk on a horizon painted by Waterworks teachers to create a nature landscape on East Liberty Street.
* Help create “Summer Solstice,” a giant sun made from papier mache and paint.
* Create “Wild Creatures” from pieces of forest woods. Use your imagination to put the creatures together.
* Visit the “Recycled Rhythm” station to create maracas from recycled bottles, then put your maracas to music.
* Design your own painting on recycled paper at the “Marvelous Marbling” station using marbles and paint.
* Use paint and nature’s leaves to create a nature leaf print ó each one is unique.
Come and learn new things about nature and our planet. The event is free. Family Fun Day is offered in collaboration with the Rowan Arts Council’s Art on Easy Street Festival.
For more information about Family Fun Day, call Waterworks at 704-636-1882.