East Spencer Princinct 18 Democrats host candidates Tuesday
EAST SPENCER ó The 18th Precinct of the Rowan County Democratic Party is hosting a “meet and greet” session Tuesday night for the public and Democratic candidates for local and state offices.
All Democratic candidates for the Rowan County Board of Commissioners have committed to attend, according to Precinct Chairman John Cowan. They are: Raymond Coltrain, Terry Julian, Laura Lyerly, Michael Phillips and Ralph Walton.
Representatives of the two Democratic presidential candidates ó U.S. Sens. Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton ó also have promised to attend, Cowan said.
Others who have indicated they are attending or sending a representative are:
– Kay Hagan, one of five Democrats who want to run against incumbent U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Dole.
– Hampton Dalton, one of four Democrats running for lieutenant governor.
– Fred Aikens, who is running against Beth A. Wood for the Democratic nomination for state auditor.
– N.C. Rep. Lorene Coates, who does not face primary opposition.
– District Court Judge Marshall Bickett, who is not up for re-election this year.
The program starts at 7 p.m. at the East Spencer Municipal Building, 206 N. Long St.
John Rustin serves as vice chairman of the Precinct 18 Democratic committee and Curtis B. Cowan as secretary.
By Jessie Burchette Salisbury Post The man who has served as the defacto assistant county manager for years is now... read more