Candidates rush to beat deadline to file for office
By Steve Huffman
The filing period for five county-related offices and more than a dozen state offices ended at noon Friday.
Thursday and Friday were busy days at the Board of Elections as the filing period wound to a close.
Among the Democrats who filed over the final two days of the filing period for a seat on the Rowan County Board of Commissioners:
– W. Terry Julian of P.O. Box 396, Faith;
– Laura R. Lyerly of 8655 U.S. 601, Salisbury;
– Michael C. Phillips of 203 Trappers Ridge Drive, Rockwell;
– Ralph M. Walton of 925 Brown Acres Drive, Salisbury.
Among the Republicans who filed over the final two days of the filing period for a seat on the Rowan County Board of Commissioners:
– Patty Overcash of 908 S. Main St., Landis;
– Donna Peeler of 1520 Crescent Road, Rockwell;
– Von Coolidge Poston of 111 S. Main St., Salisbury;
– Harry Rivera of 180 Laurel Lane, Salisbury.
By Jessie Burchette Salisbury Post The man who has served as the defacto assistant county manager for years is now... read more