District Court April 28
CAAFóCourt-appointed attorney fee.
CSWóCommunity service work.
DCóDismissed by the court.
NAóNotice of appeal.
PJC/CóPrayer for judgment continued/court costs.
VDóDismissal without leave by district attorney.
Disposition of cases heard April 28 in Rowan District Criminal, Traffic and Infractions Court by Judge Beth Dixon:
– Possession of up to a ounce of marijuana ó Donnell D. Adkins, DC; William Bunnell, 10 days, suspended six months, $50 fine, court cost, evidence to be destroyed; Donnichee A. Mason, 15 days, credit 15 days served; Mandrail J. Woodberry, DC, also second-degree trespassing, 15 days.
– No operator’s license ó Juan Pablo Gomez Angel, $50 fine, court cost, also reckless driving to endanger, VD.
– Failure to notify Department of Motor Vehicles of address change ó Cassandra Dawn Branch, $50 fine, court cost, also operating vehicle with no insurance, VD; Michael Anthony Shumake, $50 fine, court cost, also failure to yield for stop sign/flashing red light, VD.
– Second-degree trespassing ó Theodore Warren Cowan, Philip Lee Johnson, one day, credit one day served; Hank Williams Craig, two days, credit two days served, remain away from victim’s property.
– Misdemeanor larceny ó Garcia Dontae Finger, 90 days, credit 30 days served, remain away from Rushco and Food Lion; Eric Lamont Graham, 30 days, suspended, 12 months probation, court cost, CAAF, remain away from Rushco, Life Skills program.
– Communicating threats ó Brian Graham, 45 days, credit 45 days served, remain away from victim; Charles Mann, 45 days, credit 45 days served.
– Speeding ó Richard David Greene, Latoya Denise Rankin, PJC/C; Kathryn E. Hildebrandt, Veronica L. Price, $15 fine, court cost.
– Assault on a female ó Johnny Hall, 60 days, suspended, 12 months probation, $50 fine, court cost, remain away from Putinsky Place, Life Skills program; Jimmy L. Ray, DC.
– Possession of drug paraphernalia ó Kelly Renea James, 120 days, suspended, 18 months probation, $100 fine, court cost, also expired/no inspection sticker, VD; Mark Douglas Lowder, 45 days, suspended, 12 months probation, $100 fine, court cost, evidence to be destroyed.
– Simple assault ó Jacqueline M. McCrary, 30 days, suspended, 12 months probation, $50 fine, court cost, CAAF, remain away from victim and her property, transfer to Alexander County, NA; Holly Yvonne Putinsky, NG.
– Driving while impaired ó Randy Kent Smith, 60 days, suspended 12 months, $100 fine, court cost, 24 hours CSW, also exceeding posted speed, VD.- Littering not more than 15 pounds ó Amber Eden Miller, eight days, credit time served, also failure to stop for steady red light, eight days consolidated with first sentence, credit time served, also expired/no inspection sticker, license not in possession, mirror violation and permitting operation of vehicle with no insurance, VD in all four cases.