District Court April 8
CAAFóCourt-appointed attorney fee.
CSWóCommunity service work.
DDóDismissal without leave after deferred prosecution.
LDPóLimited driving privilege.
NAóNotice of appeal.
PJC/CóPrayer for judgment continued/court costs.
VDóDismissal without leave by district attorney.
Disposition of cases heard April 8 in Rowan District Criminal Court by Judge Kevin Eddinger:
– Exceeding safe speed ó Susan McDaniel Bame, $15 fine, court cost; Derrick Holden Lear, VD.
– Possession of drug paraphernalia ó Charles E. Basinger, also simple possession of Schedule VI controlled substance, 30 days, suspended, 12 months probation, $100 fine, court cost, 24 hours CSW, evidence to be destroyed.
– Impersonating law enforcement officer ó Jason Craig Bonds, 20 days, suspended 12 months, $100 fine, court cost, CAAF, weapon to be returned.
– Speeding ó Jonathan K. Bookhart, $15 fine, court cost; Shakeem Jamaar Daniels, $100 fine, court cost, LDP, also driving/allowing motor vehicle with no registration to be driven, VD; Lawrence Eugene Harkey, William Brandon Little, PJC/C.
– Driving while impaired ó Soutchay Bounkanha, 12 months, suspended, 36 months probation in Mecklenburg County, special probation of 10 days in jail, $1,000 fine, court cost, restitution, $300 SBI lab fee, also reckless driving to endanger, JA, also no operator’s license, VD; Ronnie Edward Kluttz, 60 days, suspended 12 months, $100 fine, court cost, 24 hours CSW, LDP, also driving motor boat/vessel while impaired, VD.
– Unsafe movement ó Marlene Baker Cain, Lila Jordan Partee, Garrett Dwain Shuffler, VD.
– Assault on government official/employee ó Vernon Carroll, also resisting public officer, 30 days, suspended 12 months, $250 fine, court cost, 24 hours CSW.
– Allowing unlicensed to drive ó Rebecca Lynn Claytor, VD.
– Speeding in school zone ó Linda James Connelly, $50 fine, court cost.
– Taking game during closed season ó Ottis Sherrill Dancy, also possessing a firearm during archery season, $100 fine, court cost, NA.
– Failure to yield left turn ó James Edward Ellis, VD.
– Driving while license revoked ó Jasper Eugene Franklin, also giving fictitious information to officer, 120 days, CAAF a condition of early/work release; Arnie Preston Rabon, 90 days, suspended, 12 months probation, $300 fine, court cost, CAAF, Life Skills course; William Ray Robertson, also trespassing on posted property, 45 days, suspended, 18 months probation, $300 fine, court cost, Life Skills course, not go on or about property leased by Tim Burns; Michael Anthony Salazar, PJC/C, also unsafe movement, also possessing/displaying altered, fictitious, revoked driver’s license, VD.
– Resisting public officer ó Virgie Polk Gibson, VD; Darius M. Robertson, PJC/C.
– Simple possession of Schedule II controlled substance ó Todd Anthony Gregory, 120 days, suspended, 18 months probation in Cabarrus County, $200 fine, court cost, CAAF, evidence to be destroyed, also two charges simple possession of Schedule IV controlled substance, 120 days at expiration of first sentence, suspended, 18 months probation, same terms.
– Failure to reduce speed ó Nicholas Seth Hurley, Ronnie Lee Laws, Thomas Murdock, James Ray Sartain, VD.
– Driving motor boat/vessel while impaired ó Clifton Earl Johnson, 30 days, suspended, 12 months probation, $100 fine, court cost, CAAF.
– Consumption of alcohol by person under age 19 ó Stephanie C. Johnson, DD, nine months probation, 24 hours CSW; Brittany T. Molenda, DD, nine months probation, court cost, 24 hours CSW.
– Unauthorized use of band equipment ó Gary Wayne Martin, NG, equipment returned.
– Carrying concealed weapon ó Shaun Martin Milam, $250 fine, court cost, evidence to be destroyed, also expired/no inspection sticker, VD.
– Hit-run/leave scene/property damage ó Mickey Lee Morgan, also driving left of center, 20 days, suspended, 12 months probation, $100 fine, court cost, 24 hours CSW.
– Operating vehicle with no insurance ó Ruben Sanchez Ramirez, VD.
– Performing notarial act ó Kristina C. Riley, 20 days, suspended, 12 months probation, $100 fine, court cost, deliver any notary seal or stamp for destruction.
– Shine/sweep light for deer ó Jonathan Ray Smith, $250 fine, court cost, also possess wild animal, VD.
– Improper backing ó Juliah Hennigan Smith, VD.
– Failure to notify Department of Motor Vehicles of address change ó April Michelle Stavrakas, two charges, 15 days, suspended, 12 months probation, $100 fine, court cost, CAAF, also failure to burn headlamps, VD.
– Possession of up to a ounce of marijuana ó David J. Sutherland, $100 fine, court cost.
– Expired/no inspection sticker ó Charles Eugene Walton, also possessing/displaying fictitious, cancelled revoked registration card/tag, VD.
– No hunting license ó Christopher Williams, VD.