Make bids on a variety of culinary-themed events
By Susan Shinn
Come one, come all to the Festival of Meat!
Or if spending an enchanted day with Cinderella is more your style, we’ve got that, too.
From children to adults, from formal to informal, the Celebrate! Pass the Plate fundraiser for Rowan Helping Ministries has something for everyone.
The 15 culinary-themed events up for auction April 19 include:
– Camp Catawba for 15 boys and girls, hosted by Margaret Faust and Catawba College. Minimum bid: $1,500.
– The Bread Truck Low Country Shrimp Boil for 40 people, hosted by Don Sayers and Co. Minimum bid: $2,500.
– An Evening in San Remo, Italy, for 24 people, hosted by Ellen and Tim Messinger. Minimum bid: $3,600.
– Wine and Gourmet Dinner at Uwharrie Point for 24 people, hosted by Wendy and Paul Capito and Christy and Wink Cline. Minimum bid: $6,000.
– “Hairspray” Party for 30 people hosted by Susan and Larry Cloninger. Minimum bid: $2,100.
– Sunset Dinner Cruise on Lake Norman for 8 people, hosted by Bev and Thom Dillard, Valinda and Nash Isenhower, Christy and Wink Cline and Bill Streiff. Minimum bid: $3,200.
– Festival of Meat for 20-25 people, hosted by Glenn Hudson, Tim and Trisha Proper and Joseph Cataldo. Minimum bid: $2,000.
– An Enchanted Day with Cinderella for 6 girls and 6 moms, hosted by Gwin and Matt Barr and Sara McCubbins. Minimum bid: $2,000.
– Old Fashioned Bonfire and Wienie Roast for 70 people, hosted by the Steinman Family. Minimum bid: $3,500.
– Yadkin Valley Wine Tour and Gourmet Dinner at Wolf’s Lair Restaurant for 6 people, hosted by Bev and Thom Dillard and Christy and Wink Cline. Minimum bid: $2,500.
– Fireside Chat with John Hart, hosted by Blake and Linn Evans. Minimum bid: $2,000.
– Cheeseburger in Paradise for 20 people, hosted by Joyce and Joel Goodwin, Linda and Dennis White and Tippie Miller. Minimum bid: $2,000.
– Carolina Panthers Game and Dining at the City Club for 8 people, hosted by Deborah and Dyke Messinger. Minimum bid: $5,000.
– FOBB: Fun, Oysters, Beer and Brats for 20 people, hosted by Brenda and Franco Goodman, Julie and Bob Steele. Minimum bid: $2,000.
– A Southern Christmas office party for 50 people hosted by Lee Piper. Minimum bid: $2,000.
Chefs for hire in a silent auction include:
– Philip Lloyd, dinner for 12.
– Marilyn and Ron Smith, dinner for 8.
– Eric Slipp, Cuban for 8.
– Matt Trexler, dinner for 8.
Event payment is expected night of auction by check or credit card.
For more information, call Tippie Miller at 704-633-5806.
By Leigha Hougland and Kaitlyn Cuevas For The Salisbury Post Imagine yourself on stage in front of thousands of screaming... read more