Concord Police investigate five armed robberies
CONCORD — Concord Police investigated five armed robberies Thursday, arresting two people and issuing warrants for a third suspect.
Police officials gave the following account for each robbery:
* 6:53 a.m. – Willie Walker, of Charlotte, was robbed of personal property at gunpoint while at the Interstate 85 rest area near exit 58.
Three suspects apparently followed Walker from a Statesville Road gasoline station in Charlotte to the Concord rest area after a verbal altercation occurred at the station.
One of the three suspects struck Walker in the chest with a sawed-off shotgun. They were last seen driving north on I-85 in a gray Chevrolet Suburban with a black stripe down the side.
* 4:02 p.m. – Dana M. Johnson, of Charlotte, was walking in a grocery store parking lot when a woman approached and asked for directions to Charlotte.
As Johnson began giving directions, the suspect pointed a silver handgun and demanded her purse. Johnson ran back into the grocery store and obtained help in calling the police.
* 4:08 p.m. – A female demanding money robbed the clerk at the Exxon Express Shoppe 12, at 540 Lake Concord Road.
The robber had a gun and left in a white pickup operated by another female. Officers intercepted the truck on Cedar Drive in Concord, arrested the women and found a weapon in the truck.
Charged with the robberies of the Exxon store robbery and Dana Johnson are: Leslie Lynn Griffin, 31, and Ashley Elizabeth Riser, 31, both of Concord. Bond was set for each suspect at $100,000.
(See Cabarrus County Sheriff website for charging information.)
* 9:07 p.m. – Four people brandishing a sawed-off shotgun and handguns came into the Speedway BP, at 4521 Morehead Road.
The robbers took an undisclosed amount of currency, candy and cigarettes. Concord Police would like media assistance in broadcasting the in-store surveillance footage as a means to locate these suspects.
* 11:37 p.m. – Christopher L. Carter and Natasha Y. Spears of Concord were robbed of currency while walking on Malvern Drive.
The suspect struck Carter in the head with a handgun, and the two men struggled.
The victim fought the suspect, who subsequently ran away. Officers have issued warrants for Trevin (pronounced Traveen) Samuel Carr, 24, of Concord.
Concord Police are seeking help from the community as to Carr’s whereabouts. Please call 911 if you know his whereabouts as he is armed and dangerous.
If you have information regarding any of these suspects and robberies contact the Concord Police Department at 704-920-5000 or call the Cabarrus County Crimestoppers at 704-93-CRIME.