* Greater Vision Southern gospel concert, 6 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 18, Central Baptist Church, 1810 Moose Road, Kannapolis. Nursery provided. For more information or directions, call 704-933-8006.
* Salisbury Eternal Life Crusade, 7 p.m., Jan. 18-20, Catawba College. Speaker: the Rev. Christopher Okwedy of Key Word Ministries, Center of Eternal Life Living, 90 Christopher St., Staten Island, N.Y.
* Praise program, 3 p.m. Sunday, New Beginning Church, Kannapolis. Speakers: Shanika Turner, Refuge Church of God, Statesville; Melissa McFarland, New Beginning Church; Sharice Cuthrell, Christian Outreach of the Piedmont, Statesville. For more information, call the pastor, Gene Roseman at 704-938-2088.
* Gospel singing program, 3 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 21, New Beginning Church, Kannapolis. Featuring numerous groups. For more information, call the pastor, Gene Roseman at 704-938-2088.
* Martin Luther King Jr. celebration service, 3 p.m. Sunday, Allen Temple Presbyterian Church (USA). Sponsored by Cleveland area Ministerial Alliance Committee. Pastor from St. John AME Zion Church, Mocksville, guest speaker.
* Program, “What it Means to Be an Armor Bearer,” 3 p.m. Sunday, Shady Grove Baptist Church, East Spencer. Guest speaker: the Rev. Joseph Kearns of Greater St. John Baptist Church, Asheboro. Alonza A. Williams, host pastor.
* Gospel program in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Sunday, 4 p.m.-until, The Building, Baker Mill Road, Cleveland. Featuring Gospel Legends, The Pilgrimaires, Anointed Voices and Messengers for Christ. Special appearance by Fresh Anointing.
* Friends and Family Day, 4 p.m. Sunday, Ardis Chapel AME Zion Church, 1940 Old Mocksville Road. The Rev. David Miller, pastor.
* Senior Morning Out, 10 a.m. Thursday, Trinity Presbyterian Church fellowship hall, 300 Caldwell St.
* Fire House Youth Ministry, 7 p.m., Friday, Trinity Presbyterian Church, 300 Caldwell St. Discussion: “Non-violence is a Lifestyle.” For more information, call 704-636-6854.
* Rowan County Pastor’s Aide Union service and executive meeting, 7 p.m. Monday, New Zion Baptist Church. The Rev. Paul Jones, host pastor. The Rev. Nilous Avery and Mount Zion Baptist Church, guest pastor and church.
* Salem Spirit Praise and Worship Gathering, 8:30 a.m. Sunday, Salem Lutheran Church, 5080 Sherrills Ford Road. Donald M. Phillips, pastor: “Jesus is Lord.” Music led by Salem Spirit Praise Band. Refreshments and fellowship time after worship. Sunday school at 9:30 a.m. with traditional worship at 10:30 a.m.
By Susan Shinn Salisbury Post If you look closely during the Wolfpack basketball games this season, you might see a... read more