* Rowan and Davie County Deacon’s Alliance, annual rainbow tea, 5 p.m. Sunday, Salisbury Civic Center.
* Women’s fellowship, 9 this morning, Tower of Power United Holy Church, 601 E. Cemetery St. Speaker: the Rev. Regina Dancy, pastor, New Life in Christ Ministries. Breakfast served. For more information, call 704-636-1244.
* Charlotte Children’s Choir presentation, “A Prime Time Christmas,” 11 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 16, at Myers Park United Methodist Church, Jubilee Hall, 1501 Queens Road. Tickets are $8 for students/seniors, $10 for adults. For advance tickets, call 704-374-1892, ext. 21. Tickets also available at the door on the night of the concert or through www.charlottechildrenschoir.org.
* Concert by One Faith Southern gospel trio, 6 p.m. Sunday, Dunn’s Mountain Baptist Church.
* Choruses from Handel’s “Messiah,” presented 9:45 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 17, and 7 p.m .Monday, Dec. 18, at Williamson’s Chapel United Methodist Church. Accompaniment by members of the Lake Norman Orchestra.
* Annual Christmas cantata, 6 p.m., Sunday, Dec. 17, Trinity Presbyterian Church, 300 Caldwell St. The Rev. Johnny Young, pastor.
* Special La Guadalupana service, 2 today, San Mateo, 4401 Statesville Blvd. The Rev. Bill Battermann, priest. Sara Palmer, speaker: “El Dios del Imposible. & quot; (“The God of the Impossible.”) Saint Luke’s Episcopal Church Choir will participate in service. Procession and Blessing of Robert Crum’s painting of La Guadalupana.
* Rainbow tea, 4 p.m. Sunday, Ardis Chapel AME Zion Church, 1940 Old Mocksville Road. Hosted by the usher department.
* Christmas musical, “Holiday Inn — There is Room,” 7 tonight; and 7 p.m. Sunday, Highest Praise Family Worship Center, 1700 Bostian Road, China Grove. Presented by Voices of Praise.
* Live nativity, 7-9 p.m. Thursday-Saturday, Franklin Baptist Church, 3810 U.S. 601.