School board to meet, discuss grant application
SALISBURY — The Rowan-Salisbury Board of Education will consider Monday applying for a grant to fund school resource officers.
The school board meets at 5 p.m. Monday in the boardroom at 110 S. Long St. in East Spencer.
Also at the meeting, the board plans to:
• Discuss possible revisions to the recycling policy.
• Consider a field trip request from East Rowan High School for the FBLA competition in Greensboro.
• Hear an update about the progress of the Crosby Scholars program from director Jennifer Canipe.
• Hear an update about the Pathways to Prosperity program from Dr. Julie Morrow.
• Discuss safety concerns about Knox Middle School raised by board member Chuck Hughes.
• Consider rescheduling the November board meeting.
• Meet in closed session to approve the monthly personnel report, approve closed session minutes and receive an update on the school board’s budget mediation with county commissioners.