- Thursday, December 19, 2013 12:55 a.m.
I agree with our Native American population — I am highly insulted by the racially charged name of the Washington Redskins.
- Saturday, December 14, 2013 12:27 a.m.
I have employer retiree health insurance. The closest equivalent plan under Obamacare would cost about $720 a month more than I...
- Saturday, December 14, 2013 12:08 a.m.
When you are little and the world seems so big, it’s hard to understand why someone you love is here one day and gone the next.
- Thursday, December 12, 2013 7:12 p.m.
“The good guys always had white horses.”
- Thursday, December 12, 2013 7:06 p.m.
Better coverage at a lower price
- Thursday, December 12, 2013 7:05 p.m.
In a Dec. 4 speech, President Obama declared income “inequality” to be “the defining challenge of our time.”
- Thursday, December 12, 2013 12:37 a.m.
U.S. Rep. Mel Watt deserved confirmation as President Obama’s pick to head the Federal Housing Finance Agency, and he...
- Thursday, December 12, 2013 12:20 a.m.
We have been reading many letters and articles concerning the Rowan County commissioners and their determination to purchase the...
- Thursday, December 12, 2013 12:19 a.m.
North Carolina’s economy isn’t behaving the way it was supposed to.
- Wednesday, December 11, 2013 12:01 a.m.
Now that Rowan County commissioners have bought the Salisbury Mall over numerous objections, there’s just one thing to do.
- Wednesday, December 11, 2013 9:43 a.m.
You know the question: If you could spend an hour with anyone, who would it be?
- Wednesday, December 11, 2013 12:21 a.m.
As a Christian, I have never used the three arguments made by Julian Torrey. The facts I have always used are the...
- Tuesday, December 10, 2013 12:42 a.m.
Do the county commissioners know what they are getting into regarding purchase of the mall? I can tell you from my own experience...
- Tuesday, December 10, 2013 12:35 a.m.
Salisbury and Rowan County have a lot to lose if the state discontinues the preservation tax credits that have spurred the...
- Tuesday, December 10, 2013 12:17 a.m.
RALEIGH — During last year’s legislative session, quite a bit of debate occurred regarding the real effects of budget-cutting on...
- Monday, December 9, 2013 12:31 a.m.
I have read many letters condemning the new health care law, however, I believe it is only fair to point out the benefits as well.