• 50°

Rowan weather: Change is in the air

Today will be another warm one, then changes come Friday. Expect mostly sunny skies and a high near 87. Tonight, low around 68.
The air quality will be moderate today and tomorrow, good for Saturday. And we’re still very high on the UV index, at a 9 today.
Friday’s chance of rain during the day has dropped to 40 percent, but showers and storms are likely to move in during the afternoon. A high of 83 will be accompanied by cloudy skies. Friday night’s chance of showers and thunderstorms is 60 percent, with a low around 68.
Saturday now has a 70 percent chance of rain and thunderstorms. It will be cloudy with a high of 75. Saturday night, the rain chance is 60 percent, with a low around 67.
Sunday doesn’t look much better, with a 60 percent chance of showers and storms, before 9 a.m., then showers and a possible storm between 9 and 11 a.m. and then showers and storms following that, with a high near 77 under mostly cloudy skies. Sunday night, look for a low of 66 and a 40 percent chance of rain.
The same thing is in store for Monday, a 40 percent chance of rain under mostly cloudy skies, with a high near 79. The rain chance drops to 30 percent Monday night, with a low around 67.
We’re going to be stuck in that pattern again for Tuesday and Wednesday. Tuesday’s high will be around 84 with partly sunny skies and a 40 percent chance of precipitation. Tuesday night, a 30 percent chance of rain, with a low around 67.
Then Wednesday, another 30 percent chance of showers and storms, mostly sunny, and a high near 85.

Comments

Comments closed.

Education

Superintendent talks first 100 days, dives into district data

Business

‘It was an answer to a call:’ TenderHearted Home Care celebrates 10 years of providing care at home

News

Political Notebook: Local polls find increasing number of North Carolinians want COVID-19 vaccine

News

Trial begins on challenge to latest NC voter ID law

Local

Burch, Fisher, Marsh honored as 2021 recipients of Elizabeth Duncan Koontz Humanitarian Award

Landis

Landis board talks revenues, budget planning, department updates

College

College baseball: Catawba rolls 7-1 and 24-1

Nation/World

Student fires at officers at Tennessee school, is killed

Nation/World

Police: Minnesota officer meant to draw Taser, not handgun

Crime

Man receives consecutive prison sentences for sex offenses

BREAKING NEWS

RSS Board of Education approves Faith Elementary sale

Coronavirus

Rowan Health Department receives 400 Pfizer, 800 Johnson & Johnson vaccines for week

Crime

Blotter: Accident in Food Lion only weekend shooting to produce injuries

Crime

Salisbury man charged with felony drug crimes

Crime

Second person charged in thefts from house near county line

Crime

Police use tear gas to end robbery stand off, arrest suspect

Local

Ask Us: When will Rowan Public Library’s West Branch open?

Nation/World

Prosecution case nears end in ex-cop’s trial in Floyd death

Nation/World

Officer accused of force in stop of Black Army officer fired

Crime

Blotter: Man charged with hitting man with car, fleeing while intoxicated

Local

‘Meet the need’: Rowan County Health Department looks to add to vaccination options

Local

Seaford is first woman in county hired for town manager position since the ’90s

Local

Colonial Spring Frolic makes a comeback to kick off museum’s year

Local

Concord City Council wants to name bridge for fallen officer, Rowan native