Salisbury at Carson
* Time: 7:30 p.m.
* Records: Salisbury 2-0; Jesse Carson 1-0
* Series: Salisbury leads 1-0
* Last meeting: Salisbury won 48-14 at Ludwig Stadium in 2007
* Last week: Salisbury rolled over East Rowan 35-6 at home; Carson won 36-0 at North Rowan
* Next week: Salisbury is home against West Stanlyís Colts; Carson opens NPC play at home against Mooresville
* Game notes: The second Carson-Salisbury matchup figures to be a lot more exciting than the first.
Salisbury bulldozed the Cougars for 445 rushing yards in 2007 and racked up 48 points despite throwing only one pass. Dario Hamilton, A.J. Ford and Robbie Pulliam all rushed for more than 100 yards in that game.
Ford and Hamilton, who has 2,744 career rushing yards and is progressing toward Tyris Davidsonís school record (3,107), are still around.
Carson also has to deal with QB John Knox, who runs the wishbone offense well and has enough speed to break keepers for big gains. Knox ran for two TDs and tossed a TD pass to sprinter Romar Morris last week.
Salisburyís defense gave up lots of yards, but few points, against East. Linebacker Pierre Jiminez has intercepted a pass two straight weeks, and the SHS defense has produced a county-best seven takeaways.
Carson has to set aside the euphoria of a blowout victory over struggling North Rowan and get back down to business against a talented opponent that is already 2-0 in county games.
Carsonís defense leads the county stats after holding North to three first downs and negative yards. Obviously, it was the first shutout in school history. Freshman Chris Barnhardt had a monster debut and veteran Scott Ashby had an interception.
Carsonís offense managed 224 yards and 10 first downs.