Many offices closing Friday to observe July 4th
Published 12:00 am Thursday, July 2, 2020
The following are municipal observances for the July 4th holiday, many of which are observing the holiday on Friday.
The City of Salisbury will operate on the following schedule for Friday in observance of Independence Day:
• City office buildings, including the Salisbury Customer Service Center and recreation centers will be closed on Friday.
• Salisbury Transit will operate on a reduced schedule from 6 a.m. until 3:20 p.m. on Friday. Saturday service has been temporarily suspended until further notice.
• The City’s Solid Waste Division will offer its regular garbage and recycling collection on Friday.
• The City’s Street Division will not offer limb collection on Friday. Friday’s limb collection will take place one day today.
• Salisbury-Rowan Utilities’ administrative offices will be closed Friday. If you have a water/sewer emergency after hours or during the holiday, call 704-638-5339.
• The Salisbury Community Park will operate on schedule from 8 a.m. – 8:30 p.m. Friday.
• The police and fire departments will remain available for emergency services, as usual, during the holiday.
• All City of Kannapolis offices will be closed Friday. There will be no disruption in garbage and recycling collection service; however, there will be no collection of yard debris.
• Landis town hall will be closed on Monday.
• China Grove town hall will be closed Friday.
• The town of Rockwell will be closed Friday.
• Spencer town hall will be closed Monday and garbage services will be a day late.
• East Spencer town hall will be closed Friday and garbage services will maintain the same schedule.
• Granite Quarry town hall will be closed Friday.
• Cleveland town hal will be closed Friday and no garbage will be picked up on Friday.