Blotter: Teen charged with breaking into local Mexican restaurant
Published 12:00 am Tuesday, April 14, 2020
By Shavonne Potts
SALISBURY — A 15-year-old was charged with breaking into Monterrey Mexican Restaurant, 119 N. Link Ave., early Saturday morning.
The young girl was reported missing from East 11th Street and she told police she broke into the restaurant to get food, said Salisbury Police Department spokesman Lt. Lee Walker.
He said a rock was used to break a glass door. The owners couldn’t immediately tell if anything was taken.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports
• A man and his brother got into an argument while at their mother’s Harrel Street home. One brother was cut on the hand with a kitchen knife and the other struck with a stool. Neither wanted to press charges.
• A woman reported on Saturday a Walmart customer stole her cellphone.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports
• A woman reported on Wednesday she was the victim of larceny while in the 200 block of Willow Creek Drive.
• AT&T reported on Wednesday someone vandalized property in the 5100 block of Foster Road, Woodleaf.
• A woman reported on Wednesday she was the victim of fraud in the 900 block of South Valley Street, Landis.
• A man reported on Wednesday he was the victim of fraud while in the 100 block of Eller Drive.
• A woman reported on Wednesday someone stole her phone while in the 100 block of South Enochville Avenue, Kannapolis.
• A man reported on Wednesday someone forced their way into a storage unit and stole items in the 200 block of Faith Farm Road.
• A woman reported on Thursday someone used her debit card information to obtain money while on Ocher Street, Rockwell.
• Sunbelt Rentals reported on Thursday a UTV was stolen from the 1200 block of Long Ferry Road.
• A woman reported on Thursday someone stole items from her home in the 200 block of Linda Street.
• A man reported on Thursday someone stole his belongings from his vehicle parked in the 1400 block of Dunn’s Mountain Road.
• A man reported on Thursday his license plate was stolen from the 500 block of Emmanuel Church Road, Rockwell.