Novant Health picks Walgreens stores as drop-off points for supply donations
People seeking to donate medical supplies to employees of the Novant Health system can do so at a number of Walgreens locations, including one in Salisbury.
Novant Health operates Rowan Medical Center and said in a news release Thursday that it was working with Walgreens to establish drop-off points.
In Salisbury, Novant Health said people can drop off supplies at 1906 West Innes St. — a Walgreens store that’s located between the W.G. “Bill” Hefner Medical Center and Catawba College.
Though, the health care system asks that people email donatesupplies@NovantHealth.org for larger donations.
Novant Health said it’s specifically accepting critical medical supplies that include personal protective equipment and disinfecting wipes. Medical supply donations must be in original, unopened packaging and may include:
- Masks (N95, surgical and procedure)
- Disinfecting wipes such as Clorox or Sani-cloth wipes
- Hand sanitizer
- Face shields
- Goggles and eye shields
- Isolation or surgical gowns.
Novant Health is also accepting homemade, fabric surgical masks as well as face shields. People can find instructions for the approved patterns at NovantHealth.org/giving.
Donation sites outside of Salisbury are as follows:
In the Charlotte area
- 544 Providence Road, Charlotte, NC 28207
- 5040 Beatties Ford Road, Charlotte, NC 28216
- 9848 Gilead Road, Huntersville, NC 28078
- 1220 Matthews Township Parkway, Matthews, NC 28105
In the Winston-Salem area
- 2795 Lewisville Clemmons Road, Clemmons, NC 27012
- 340 N. Main St., Kernersville, NC 27284
- 650 S. Main St., King, NC 27021
- 1712 S. Stratford Road, Winston-Salem, NC 27103