Blotter: Man cited for trespassing, larceny at meat processing plant
By Shavonne Potts
SALISBURY — A local man was issued a citation on Saturday after a security guard at Freirich Foods Inc. on West Kerr Street reported they needed assistance.
The Salisbury Police Department issued Alfred Earl Armstrong, 60, a citation for misdemeanor larceny and second-degree trespassing at the meat processing business. The incident occurred just after 11 p.m.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports
• A woman reported on Friday she was the victim of an assault while in the 1000 block of Klumac Road.
• A woman reported on Friday someone vandalized her property in the 100 block of Carolina Boulevard.
• A man reported on Saturday he was the victim of an assault while in the 900 block of Park Avenue.
• Justina Deanna Ingram, 29, was issued a citation for simple possession of marijuana on Saturday while at the Comfort Inn hotel.
• A woman reported on Sunday a juvenile was seen throwing a rock three times in an attempt to break glass to gain entry into Harris Teeter grocery store.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports
• A woman reported on Thursday someone stole her phone while in the 3400 block of Hickory Place.
• A man reported on Thursday someone forged a check with his name while in the 6600 block of Lowder Road.
• Thomas Allen Phillips, 19, was charged on Thursday with felony larceny while on Interstate 85 and Andrews Street.
• Nina Marie Cook, 30, was charged on Thursday with felony identity theft while in the 100 block of Roy Miller Park Road.
• Justin Lee Jackson, 41, was charged on Thursday with felony forgery of a check while in the 6600 block of Lowder Road.
• Ansley Niquan Weaver, 30, was charged on Thursday with misdemeanor simple possession of marijuana while in the 900 block of Peeler Road.
The Salisbury Post has made several changes to ensure publication of the printed newspaper with no interruption as COVID-19 forces... read more