• 66°

Rowan weather: Cloudy, windy again

Today will be cloudy and warm, with a high around 74. We have a 50 percent chance of showers, mainly before 3 p.m. Less than a tenth of an inch of rain is expected.

It will be another windy day, with west wind at 8-11 mph, gusting as high as 18 mph.

Tonight will be mostly cloudy and much cooler, with a low of 46. Winds will be north northeast at 5-7 mph.

Saturday will be mostly cloudy and cooler, with a high of 59 and northeast wind at 3-7 mph. A 20 percent chance of rain is possible after 2 p.m.

The chance of rain goes up to 70 percent Saturday night, with showers before 7 p.m., then rain between 7 and 8, then showers again. It will be cloudy, with a low of 45, but no wind. Less than a tenth of an inch of rain is expected.

Sunday will also have a 70 percent chance of showers, mainly before noon. It will be cloudy and 50, with northeast wind at 5-9 mph. Sunday night’s chance of rain will be 30 percent, mainly before 9 p.m. It will be cloudy and 40.

Monday will be partly sunny and 53. It will be a mostly cloudy night, with a low of 41. A 30 percent chance of showers is possible after 3 a.m.

Tuesday will have a 40 percent chance of rain and be mostly cloudy and 60. The chance of rain decreases to 30 percent Tuesday night, mainly before 9 .m. It will be mostly cloudy and 45.

Wednesday will be partly sunny and 69. Then Wednesday night will have a 30 percent chance of rain with mostly cloudy skies and a low around 50.

Thursday will be mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of rain. The high will be 67.

Comments

Business

County begins accepting restaurant grant applications

Crime

Blotter: Salisbury man charged with nine more felony sex offenses

Nation/World

Biden team readies wider economic package after virus relief

Nation/World

Spacewalking astronauts prep station for new solar wings

Nation/World

Cuomo sorry for remarks aide ‘misinterpreted’ as harassment

Nation/World

Trump calls for GOP unity, repeats lies about election loss

Education

Rowan County administers 700 vaccines, with majority going to local educators

Crime

Shoplifting at Walmart presents challenge for Salisbury police

Local

Commissioners will hear details about changes to solar energy policies

Business

After overcoming obstacles, local barber Daniel King earns registered status

Lifestyle

39th annual K12 student exhibitions go virtual

Business

Biz Roundup: Chamber of Commerce to host ‘Salute to Agri-Business’ at March Power in Partnership

Local

Local legislators back bills ranging from new restrictions on sex offenders to Holocaust education

News

After surviving COVID-19 scare, Lois Willard set to celebrate 100th birthday

High School

Carson rolls over South 41-0 as about 600 allowed in to see season opener for both

Education

East Spencer after-school program looks toward opening, nonprofit status

Lifestyle

Frank Ramsey inducted into the NC Military Veterans Hall of Fame

College

Livingstone’s Stoutamire inducted into 2021 CIAA Hall of Fame

Nation/World

J&J’s 1-dose shot cleared, giving US 3rd COVID-19 vaccine

Coronavirus

13 deaths reported in Rowan, county stresses need to receive second dose

Coronavirus

10% of Rowan residents receive first dose; eight COVID-19 deaths reported this week

News

North Carolina State Highway Patrol commander to retire

Education

UNC School of the Arts may go for online learning due to COVID-19 spread

Coronavirus

Greensboro site to administer 3,000 daily vaccine doses starting March 10