Blotter: Salisbury man charged with marijuana, pill possession after overdose call
By Shavonne Potts
SALISBURY — A Salisbury man believed to have overdosed inside a vehicle parked at a local convenience store faces drug possession charges, according to the Salisbury Police Department.
Jon Ross Gregory Jr., 30, of North Main Street, was charged on Monday with misdemeanor possession of a schedule II, possession of a schedule VI and misdemeanor possession of marijuana paraphernalia.
According to Police Detective Russ DeSantis, someone called to say that a person appeared unconscious and believed to have overdosed inside a Toyota Avalon. The vehicle was sitting in the parking lot of the Amoco convenience store, 2004 Statesville Blvd.
When police arrived, the man, later identified as Gregory, was in the driver’s seat of the vehicle. The officer asked if Gregory needed medical attention. He told the officer he was tired, according to a department report.
The officer asked Gregory to get out of the vehicle and saw a green, plant-like substance believed to be marijuana inside the car. He was searched, and the officer reoportedly found pills inside a bottle with no label. The officer also found a bag of marijuana and a smoking pipe.
He admitted to having a narcotics problem, according to DeSantis.
He remains in the Rowan County Detention Center under a $5,000 secured bond.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports
• A man reported on Monday someone stole his belongings from his vehicle while parked in the 200 block of West 13th Street.
• Dorothy May Cline, 69, was charged on Monday with misdemeanor cruelty to animals while in the 1200 block of Sindey Drive.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports
• A woman reported on Friday there was some fraudulent activity on her bank account while she was in the 100 block of Brookhaven Drive, Kannapolis.
• An assault was reported on Friday in the 100 block of St. Luke’s Church Road.
• Britney Thomas Biles, 33, was charged on Friday with misdemeanor breaking and entering after her ex-husband reported she entered his home and took their dog, Axl, while he was away for work.
• A woman reported on Friday someone broke into her property in the 200 block of Brown Road, China Grove.
• A man reported on Saturday a residence used for storage was broken into in the 1000 block of Sides Road.
• A man reported on Saturday someone stole his vehicle from the 900 block of Carter Loop Road, Rockwell.
• A man reported on Saturday someone stole items from his building from the 3100 block of Statesville Boulevard.
• A man reported on Sunday he was the victim of a simple assault while in the 8100 block of Freeze Road, Kannapolis.
• A man reported on Sunday an assault occurred at the Rowan County Detention Center.
• A man reported on Sunday his home was broken into in the 2300 block of McGee Street, Kannapolis.
RALEIGH (AP) — North Carolina’s governor says a person in the state has tested positive for the fast-spreading coronavirus. Gov.... read more