Blotter: Vehicle stolen at gas station
SALISBURY — A vehicle was reported stolen Wednesday at the Murphy Express convenience story, 1010 Freeland Drive.
Officers chased the suspect by vehicle and then on foot, according to the Salisbury Police Department. The theft was reported at 8:45 p.m.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
• A woman reported vandalism Wednesday in the 800 block of West Monroe Street.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• Hanford Dole Elementary School reported Tuesday that a student got out of hand with staff members and law officers.
• A man reported Tuesday that tools were stolen from his vehicle while parked in the 4700 block of Old Concord Road.
• An inmate damaged county property Tuesday at the Rowan Detention Center.
• Bryan Azuara-Martinez, 17, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor assault and battery in the 100 block of Audrey Lane.
• Joseph Orlando Murdoch, 38, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor injury to personal property in the county jail.
• Tayla Lorraine Carlton, 24, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor assault and battery at the Rowan County Courthouse.
• Liam Connor Stewart, 20, was charged Tuesday with felony possession with intent to manufacture, sell or deliver a controlled substance Schedule VI at the Rowan County courthouse.