Blotter: Wife says 85-year-old assaulted at nursing home
SALISBURY — The wife of an 85-year-old man reported Tuesday that he was the victim of an assault at the Laurels of Salisbury, 215 Lash Drive.
Lt. Greg Beam of the Salisbury Police Department said the man has dementia. The investigation was turned over to Adult Protective Services.
The assault is reported to have occurred between Sept. 26 and Oct. 17.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
• Franks Pawn Shop reported Tuesday that someone pawned stolen items between Oct. 30 and Tuesday at the business, 107 N. Main St.
• Superior Iquam Jaques Smith, 26, was charged Tuesday on outstanding warrants on two counts of attempted robbery with a dangerous weapon.
In Rowan County Department reports:
• A man reported Sunday in the 200 block of Ridenhour Road that someone stole his bank account information and used it to purchase a Western Union money order.
• A man reported a stolen leaf blower Tuesday in the 1400 block of Dunns Mount Road.
• Reliable Pawn Shop reported Tuesday that someone pawned a stolen leaf blower at 107 Mooresville Road.
• A woman reported fraud Tuesday in the 700 block of West Park Drive, Rockwell.
• Sharonview Federal Credit Union on Tuesday reported a scam call led to an unauthorized money transfer from the account of a victim in the 3600 block of U.S. 601.
• A woman reported credit card fraud Tuesday in the 1200 block of Kluttz Road.
• A man reported Wednesday in the 1000 block of Conestoga Trail that someone created an account in his name.
• Emmanuel Isaiah Montgomery, 22, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor indecent exposure at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
SALISBURY — A Granite Quarry man who was sentenced to prison for posting illicit photos on social media is expected... read more