Blotter: Dick’s Sporting Goods reports woman stole men’s clothes
By Shavonne Walker
Dick’s Sporting Goods reported on Tuesday a woman stole numerous men’s clothing items from the store, which is located at 125 Tingle Drive. She got into a white Cadillac sedan and left the parking lot. The store personnel said this has been a recurring issue, according to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
In other Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports
• David’s Roofing reported on Tuesday the business was a victim of fraud while at 1059 Hugo Drive.
• A man reported on Tuesday someone stole his truck while in the 1900 block of Poole Road.
• A woman reported on Tuesday someone stole items from her vehicle while in the 100 block of Roger Drive.
• A man reported on Tuesday someone stole his belongings from a building located in the 900 block of Shore Acres Road.
• A woman reported on Tuesday someone stole two handguns from the 3200 block of Faith Road.
• Jakob Wayne Broughton, 23, was charged on Tuesday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 700 block of Pan Handle Road, Gold Hill.
• Kevin Dewayne Ghent, 37, was charged on Tuesday with felony possession of stolen goods while in the 300 block Old Barn Road, Gold Hill.
In Salisbury Police Department reports
• A woman reported on Tuesday someone stole her vehicle from the Sheetz parking lot, 1520 South Jake Alexander Blvd.
• Enterprise reported on Wednesday a vehicle was stolen from the business located at 315 Bendix Drive.
• Paula Lee Parker, 47, was charged on Tuesday with felony obtaining property by false pretenses and misdemeanor larceny while in the 200 block of Faith Road.
It took fire crews about 15 minutes to get a Wednesday morning house fire under control. Officials confirmed five people... read more