Posters Oct. 4
• Lyme disease support group, 3-5 p.m. Sunday, St. John’s Lutheran Church, Room 218, 200 W. Innes St. Doug, 704-785-5425; Elizabeth, 704-636-3190; Facebook: Celebration of Hope Piedmont NC Lyme Disease Support Group.
• National Active and Retiree Federal Employees Association, noon Wednesday, Rosebriar Restaurant, 528 Wiscassett St., Albemarle. Program: “Total Mindfulness to Reduce Stress.” Cash only.
• TOPS “best losers” for September: Kay Kiser, Vanessa Freeze, Martha Deal, Carole Lewis. Monthly “best loser”: Kay Kiser. Take Off Pounds Sensibly meets at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Lakeview Baptist Church, 2532 Lane St. Kannapolis. 704-932-4561
• Pray Rowan, 10-11 a.m. Saturday, Hurley Elementary School. For all ages, denominations and backgrounds in prayer. www.prayecclesia.com
• Rowan County pro-life commission silent prayer for the unborn, 2-3 p.m. Sunday, the Square, Main and Innes streets. Part of a national silent prayer chain to end abortion.