Police, fire departments investigating Park Avenue arson
SALISBURY — Police and fire investigators are looking into a fire that was intentionally set on the front porch of a Park Avenue home. The occupants were not harmed.
The fire was reported about 11 p.m. Tuesday at 401 Park Ave. According to a police report, a black man was seen setting a fire on the front porch. The fire was extinguished by the time authorities arrived.
The victim said the fire may have been set by her former boyfriend, but police officials said there is no confirmation of that. Officers searched the area but did not find the suspect.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
• A woman reported vandalism Wednesday in the 300 block of South Jackson Street.
• TK Auto reported Wednesday that someone stole items from a vehicle at the business in the 1600 block of Stokes Ferry Road.
• A man reported a burglary Wednesday in the 300 block of South West Street.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A student had a pocketknife on school grounds on Aug. 30 at West Rowan High School.
• A woman reported a break-in Aug. 30 in the 5300 block of Old Concord Road.
• A man reported a vehicle break-in Aug. 30 in the 1100 block of Peeler Road.
• A woman reported vandalism Aug. 30 in the 1500 block of North Main Street, China Grove.
• A woman reported a larceny Aug. 30 in the 3600 block of Shuping Mill Road, Rockwell.
• Power House Technology Inc. reported Aug. 30 that someone used a company vehicle without authorization in the 9000 block of West N.C. 152, Mooresville.
• A woman reported Aug. 30 that her vehicle was vandalized while it was parked at West Rowan High School.
• A woman reported a vehicle break-in Aug. 30 in the 200 block of Vanderbilt Avenue, China Grove.
The Salisbury City Traffic Signals Division will perform signal maintenance to the intersection of East Innes Street and Lee St... read more