Salisbury-Rowan Realtors raise $2,000 for Summer Meals Program
Published 11:21 pm Tuesday, July 23, 2019
The Salisbury-Rowan Association of Realtors recently presented a $2,000 donation to the Rowan-Salisbury Schools Summer Meals Program as a result of its 14th annual golf tournament that was held at The Revival at the Crescent.
Perfect weather allowed 64 golfers in June the opportunity to support the cause. The committee, chaired by Rob Bean, chose once again to support the Summer Meals Program with the Yum Yum buses and the iRead, iFeed initiative. The program provides meals and opportunities to learn to children across Rowan County.
During the summer, Rowan-Salisbury Schools nutrition employees provide breakfast and lunch for thousands of Rowan County children at no cost. About 65 percent of Rowan-Salisbury students qualify for free or reduced-price lunches. The program is funded by the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
“A good time was had by all of the players and volunteers for a great cause,” said James Poe, a Realtor and volunteer.
Tournament winners included:
• First place: Central Carolina Insurance: Keith Beaver, Jake Beaver, Rock Pickard and Stephen Carroll.
• Second place: Roland Trout, Jed Orman, Jeff Wetmore and Jonathan Nations.
• Third place: Harmer Built Construction: David Stewart, Ken Harmer, Kevin Smith and Kevin Thompson.
• Longest drive: Stephen Carroll.
• Closest to the pin: Kevin Thompson and Rock Pickard.
“I greatly appreciate all of the hard work and support provided by the Realtors, affiliates, local businesses and volunteers who helped in make this tournament such a huge success. We could not do it without them,” said Tom Bost, president of the association.