St. John’s awards $26,700 in scholarships
On June 2, St. John’s Lutheran Church awarded scholarships to 27 students totaling $26,700.
The scholarships are the result of gifts from members who want to encourage and support students in postsecondary education. The scholarships are part of the St. John’s Benevolent Foundation, a $9 million foundation started in 1974.
• Thomas E. Gilbert and Viola H. Bailey Scholarship: Gemma Brown, Olivia Dagenhart, Emma Ryerson, Bethanie Stauffer
• Dorothy Click Fesperman Scholarship: Gemma Brown, Walker Brown, Abby Buechler, Madison Eudy, Spencer Everhart, Elizabeth Graeber, Jared Hensley, Olivia Kyles, Rebecca Lewis, Samuel McNeely, Caroline Parrott, Carsyn Parrott, Harrison Parrott, Caroline Plyler, Emma Ryerson, Caylynn Westberg
• Carl Edgar and Edna Cauble Leazer Church Music Scholarship: Laura Agner
• Scott Rierson Memorial Scholarship: Ike Emerson, Spencer Everhart, David Holden, Bethanie Stauffer
• Emily May Brown Memorial Scholarship: Laura Agner, Jared Hensley, Olivia Kyles, Bethanie Stauffer
• Bruce Alden Ketner Jr. Scholarship: Jared Hensley, Ashlyn Mills, Caroline Parrott, Joshua Ruggs
• Margaret Cline and Ernest Crawford Safrit Sr. Scholarship: Kristen Brady, Madison Eudy, Victoria Plyler, Susannah Trexler
• Hugh B. and Lena B. Lyerly Scholarship: Madison Eudy, Grace Faller, David Holden
Jeannie Moore, scholarship chairwoman, made the presentations during the 11 a.m. worship service. Nancy Shirley chairs the St. John’s Benevolent Foundation.