Blotter: Police looking for two after stop in stolen vehicle
The Salisbury Police Department is looking for two people who ran from a stolen vehicle after a traffic stop near Kelsey Scott Park.
A police officer got behind a Mercedes sport utility vehicle just before 11 p.m. Tuesday and noted that the driver did not have the vehicle’s lights on. The officer said he couldn’t make out the license plate number so he tried to stop the vehicle near Brenner Avenue and West Horah Street.
A short vehicle chase ensued with the vehicle traveling 65 mph. The driver eventually turned into Kelsey Scott Park and went through a locked gate at the end of the park property.
When the vehicle came to a stop, the driver and front-seat passenger jumped out and ran.
A back-seat passenger told to the officer that he’d been at a cookout at his home and the front-seat passenger, who he knows only as Pete, offered him a ride. The back-seat passenger was not charged.
A police dog searched the area but was unable to locate the two men. Police said the SUV was stolen from Ravenswood, West Virginia.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
• A woman reported an assault Sunday in the 200 block of Craver Avenue.
• A man reported an assault Sunday in the 500 block of Best and North West streets.
• A woman reported Sunday that the license plate was stolen from her vehicle in the 100 block of Henry Laurens Circle.
• A man reported Monday that someone stole his belongings from his vehicle parked in the 800 block of South Church Street.
• A woman reported a burglary Monday in the 100 block of Willow Street.
• Someone reported Monday that shots were fired in the 1100 block of Crosby Street.
• A woman reported vandalism to property Monday in the 100 block of Harrel Street.
• Duke Energy reported a larceny Monday in the 1200 block of West Bank Street.
• Two juveniles were fighting Monday in the 100 block of Lloyd Street.
• A woman reported vandalism Monday in the 200 block of Castlewood Drive.
• A woman reported vandalism Tuesday in the 800 block of Maupin Avenue.
• A man reported vandalism Tuesday in the 300 block of Roy Street.
• A man was cited for marijuana-related offenses after a blunt was found in his vehicle parked at the Food Lion warehouse, 2110 Executive Drive.
• A Friend Indeed Check Cashing reported fraud between May 7 and May 9 at 802 N. Long St.
• Jaquanta Sherrell Wilks, 28, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance Schedule VI in the 800 block of West Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• Scottie Todd Patterson, 34, was charged Wednesday with felony larceny at the Rowan County Detention Center.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports
• A woman reported an assault Thursday in the 100 block of Copper Leaf Lane.
• A woman reported Thursday that someone stole her registration plate and a handgun in the 200 block of Allen Lane.
• A man reported an assault Thursday in the 100 block of Harrelson Drive.
• Log Home Builders Inc. reported fraud Thursday in the 400 block of Leazer Road.
• A woman reported a stolen vehicle Thursday in the 1100 block of Long Ferry Road.
• A man reported a larceny Thursday in the 4600 block of East N.C. 152, Rockwell.
• Thomas Lee Sutton, 28, was charged Thursday with felony obtaining property by false pretenses at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• Richard Patrick Donovan, 48, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor communicating threats in the 200 block of Cedar Glen Circle, Cleveland.
• Joseph Scott Fielding, 30, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 200 block of St. Matthews Church and Joe Lentz roads.
• Anthony Blake McCubbins, 28, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 7100 block of Old Concord and Mount Hope Church roads.
• Dillon Ray Jackson, 17, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor contributing to the delinquency of a minor in the 100 block of Broad Street, Rockwell.
• Copart Auto Auction, of 1081 Recovery Road, China Grove, reported Friday that someone wrote fraudulent checks on the company account.
• Students stole backpacks from the gym at West Rowan High School in Mount Ulla.
• A man reported stolen go-carts Friday in the 200 block of Karriker Farms Road, Mooresville.
• A man reported a burglary Friday in the 500 block of Andrews Street, East Spencer.
• A report for marijuana paraphernalia was filed Saturday during a traffic stop at Peach Orchard Road and Peach Tree Avenue.
• Nazareth Children’s Home reported an assault there on Saturday.
• A woman reported a theft Saturday in the 100 block of Kepley Road and Statesville Boulevard.
• Carolina Truck & Trailer reported stolen property Saturday in the 500 block of Red Acres Road and Airport Loop.
• A disabled vehicle with narcotics and counterfeit money inside was reported Sunday in the 3900 block of Millbridge Road, China Grove.
• A man reported a burglary Sunday in the 200 block of Tanglewood Drive, Kannapolis.
• A woman reported Sunday that she was assaulted at Cheeseman’s service station, 9805 Old Beatty Ford Road, Rockwell.
• A man reported an assault Sunday in the 10500 block of Old Beatty Ford Road, Rockwell.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.