Salisbury man charged in connection to Lexington armed robbery
Published 12:00 am Monday, February 4, 2019
Authorities have arrested a Salisbury man wanted in Lexington on robbery and kidnapping charges dating back to a Jan. 10 incident at a T-Mobile store.
Charged with robbery with a dangerous weapon, conspiracy and second-degree kidnapping is Devonte M. Woods, 27, of Salisbury. He was placed under $70,000 bond.
Lexington Police say Woods used a handgun to rob a T-Mobile store at 150 Forest Hill Road, Lexington, of $400 in cash.
Reports said Woods also kidnapped a minor for the purpose of helping him with the armed robbery. Woods is scheduled to appear in Davidson County Court March 1.
In other reports from the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office Saturday:
• Dezmond Jeaun Sellers, 29, of Albemarle, was charged Friday with possession of a stolen firearm — a 12-gauge shotgun. He was placed under $30,000 bond.
• Joshua Wade Kennedy of Bradshaw, West Virginia, was charged with possession with the intent to sell, manufacture and distribute methamphetamine by the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office. He reportedly had 27.5 grams in his possession and was placed in jail under $10,000 bond.
• Salisbury Police charged Coleman Ray Buckwell, 29, of Salisbury, with obtaining property by false pretenses. He allegedly shoplifted items from Walmart, then returned later to the store and attempted to receive cash for the stolen merchandise. He was placed under $100 bond.
• Authorities charged Shanna Sharmaine Jones of 122 W. Horah St., Salisbury, as a registered sex offender who failed to notify the Sheriff’s Office of a change in her address within the required three days. She was placed in jail under $30,000 bond.
• Justin Tucker Correll, 32, was charged with hit-and-run driving, leaving the scene of property damage and driving while his license was revoked in an incident dating to Aug. 25, 2018. Correll was arrested on a warrant from the Greensboro Police Department, which alleges his car hit a black Dodge Charger on Aug. 25.
• Alberto Antonio Henderson, 28, of Newton, was charged with breaking and entering and assault on a female after authorities picked him up here on an outstanding warrant by Charlotte/Mecklenburg Police.
• Anna Lisa Martin, 40, of Spencer, was charged with possession of marijuana and marijuana paraphernalia when an alcohol law enforcement officer out of Greensboro found in her possession 31.7 grams of the drug. She was placed under $2,000 bond.