Blotter: Man faces additional sex offense charge from 2012 against young boy
By Shavonne Walker
SALISBURY — A Salisbury man has been charged a second time with a sex offense against a boy who says he was 13 at the time of the incidents.
On Wednesday, the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office charged Scot Cole Zimmermann, 47, of the 2400 block of Overview Road, with felony taking indecent liberties with a child.
The teenager said went to a local hospital for treatment and disclosed the abuse to medical personnel. He then told his mother that Zimmermann abused him from 2012 to 2014, authorities said.
Sheriff’s investigators charged Zimmermann in September with touching himself inappropriately in front of the same boy, who was 11 at the time.
Zimmermann knew the child before the offenses, authorities said. The boy told his mother that in 2012 and 2014, Zimmerman performed a sex act that the boy would mimic.
In other Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A woman reported Wednesday that someone vandalized her property in the 7600 block of U.S. 52, Rockwell.
In Salisbury Police Department reports:
• Marijuana was found Thursday inside a vehicle in the 400 block of Lloyd Street.
• A woman reported Thursday that someone came up behind her and stole money outside Walmart.
• The BP gas station at 1518 E. Innes St. reported fraud Thursday.
• Jason Keith Odell, 22, was charged Friday with felony possession of a controlled substance Schedule I in the 2100 block of Statesville Boulevard.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.