Blotter: Two charged with multiple counts of identity theft
SALISBURY — Two were arrested over the weekend for charges of identity theft and obtaining a false pretense.
Ashley Dione Goodrich, 37, of Salisbury, and Heath Michael Goodrich, 39, of East Spencer, were arrested and charged Friday for making multiple purchases with a stolen credit card in November and December.
The Goodrichs bought items from various Salisbury stores, including Dick’s Sporting Goods and Food Lion. Some bills totaled more than $300.
The two are being held under a $20,000 secured bond each. They have a court date scheduled for Monday.
Other Rowan County arrests include:
- Tracy Dale Wagoner, 32, of Arden, was charged for breaking and entering and possession of burglary tools on Saturday. Police say he broke into a vacation home on Roy Miller Loop. He has a $10,000 bond.
- Deon Cornelius Johnson, 25, of Salisbury was charged with intentional child abuse resulting in serious physical injury on Saturday. He is being held under a bond of $30,000.
- Steven Michael Worley, 17, of China Grove, was charged with possession of 25 grams of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a handgun as a minor.
- Tyler Amier Spencer Nichols, 19, of Salisbury, was charged with felony possession of marijuana, drug paraphernalia and using a car to dwell.
- Jon Willy Billings, 39, of East Spencer, was charged Friday for being a sex offender using a social website. Sex offenders have 10 days to alert police of a change to online identity.
- Todd Steven Perry, 36, of Lexington, was charged with felony possession of meth, drug paraphernalia and driving while impaired.
- Ashley Jo Weaver, 31, of Kannapolis, and Chad Eugene Linker, 39, of Kannapolis, were charged Saturday with possession of a firearm by a felon, 10 grams of methadone, cocaine and drug paraphernalia.
- Austin Blake Cagle, 21, of Rockwell, was charged with being a fugitive in a different state. Cagle was wanted in Virginia for robbing, entering to rape and grand larceny.
- Timothy Long, 32, of Salisbury, was charged with possession of Alprazolan at the Rowan County Detention Center on Saturday.