Blotter: Man charged with break-in at vacant home
SALISBURY — Salisbury police said a neighbor spotted someone inside a home Friday that should have been vacant.
Police charged Corry Renard Rankin, 40, of the 200 block of Oakwood Avenue, with misdemeanor breaking and entering.
When police arrived, they saw Rankin coming out of the house.
He was released under a $500 secured bond.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
• A man reported a larceny Saturday in the 200 block of East Steele Street.
• A woman reported an assault Saturday in the 1800 block of Statesville Boulevard.
• A woman reported Saturday that someone stole items from her vehicle in the 900 block of West Henderson Street.
• Thelma’s Down Home Cooking restaurant reported a breaking and entering at 1935 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
• A woman reported Saturday that someone stole a television from inside her home in the 1500 block of West Horah Street.
• A woman reported Saturday that someone attempted to force open her front door in the 100 block of Henry Laurens Circle.
• A woman reported a domestic assault Saturday in the 100 block of Clancy Street.
• A woman reported a larceny Saturday in the 500 block of Brenner Avenue.
• A woman reported Sunday that items were stolen from her vehicle in the 600 block of West Council Street.
• Salisbury Metal Fabrication reported Sunday someone forcibly entered a vehicle parked at 100 Dolly Madison Road.
• A man reported Sunday that someone stole items from his vehicle parked in the 600 block of West Council Street.
• A woman reported a larceny Monday in the 1100 block of Crosby Street.
By Emery P. Dalesio Associated Press RALEIGH — A judge ruled Tuesday that there are no grounds for him to... read more