Police blotter: Salisbury man charged with drugs, weapon charge
Published 12:00 am Saturday, January 12, 2019
SALISBURY — A Salisbury man has been charged after probation and parole officers searched a home on Old Plank Road and found a handgun and marijuana.
The Salisbury Police Department charged George Albert Torrence, 30, of the 1000 block of Old Plank Road, with felony possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver a controlled substance Schedule VI; felony possession of a controlled substance Schedule VI; felony maintaining a dwelling or vehicle for dealing in a controlled substance; misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia; and felony possession of a firearm by a felon.
Officials said the probation and parole officers went to the home and discovered drugs there. They contacted Salisbury police. In addition to marijuana, officers said he had a 22-caliber Derringer handgun.
Torrence remains in the Rowan County Detention Center under a $60,000 secured bond.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
• A woman reported Thursday that someone used her debit card fraudulently at Walmart.
• A woman reported Thursday that 70 oxycodone pills were missing from her medicine drawer in the 800 block of Fairmont Avenue.
• A woman reported Thursday that someone broke into a vacant home in the 1100 block of Crestview Avenue.
• Qua-Meak Ray-Shaud Lewis, 22, was charged Thursday with felony conspiracy while in the 100 block of East Liberty Street.
• Sabrina Lynn Hartley, 30, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor larceny at Walmart.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• M&T Pawn Shop reported Wednesday that someone pawned property stolen in a breaking and entering at the pawnshop in Lexington.
• A man reported Wednesday that he sold a watch on eBay and shipped it to the buyer, who sent it back with damage.
• A woman reported an assault Wednesday in the 100 block of Poe Drive.
• Dontay Demetric Sturdivant, 31, was charged Wednesday with felony possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver a controlled Substance I and felony possession of a controlled substance Schedule I at the Rowan County Courthouse.
• Bryan Michael Martin, 35, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 200 block of Carolyn Road.
• Desmon Jermaine Torrence, 27, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor communicating threats at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office