Blotter: Man charged with drug possession during traffic stop
By Shavonne Walker
SALISBURY — Rowan County sheriff’s deputies charged a man with felony drug possession after a traffic stop in the Mooresville area.
Earl Brent Raffaldt, 48, was charged with felony possession with intent to manufacture, sell or deliver a controlled substance Schedule II. The stop occurred Saturday in the 8800 block of Unity Church Road.
In other Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• F&M Bank reported fraud by false pretense Friday at its Granite Quarry branch.
• A man reported a stolen vehicle Friday in the 2600 block of Hollywood Drive.
• A man reported a stolen leaf blower Friday in the 100 block of Virginia Avenue, China Grove.
• A man reported Saturday that a theft occurred between Dec. 1, 2017, and Dec. 25, 2018, in the 200 block of Big Buck Drive, Richfield.
• A man reported Saturday that items were stolen from his vehicle between Dec. 24 and Dec. 26 in the 300 block of Hickory Lane.
• A woman reported items stolen from her vehicle Saturday in the 2300 block of Fowler Street, Kannapolis.
• Concrete Solutions reported Sunday that a saw was stolen Dec. 26 from the 1000 block of Sellers Court, China Grove.
• A man reported stolen property Monday in the 400 block of Gin Road, Gold Hill.
• Schwan’s Home Service reported the theft of cash and checks Monday in the 400 block of Montclair Drive.
• A woman reported an assault Monday in the 600 block of Timber Trail, Gold Hill.
• A woman reported a vehicle break-ing Monday in the 100 block of East Chamblee Drive.
• A woman reported Monday that someone pointed a gun at her in the 10500 block of U.S. 52, Rockwell.
• A man reported items stolen from his vehicle Monday in the 300 block of Chamblee Drive.
• A man reported credit card fraud Monday in the 100 block of Pinecrest Street.
• A man reported Monday that he was the victim of forgery between Dec. 22, 2017, and Dec. 31, 2018, in the 5000 block of U.S. 601.
• Jonathan Burke, 30, was charged Monday with felony being a habitual felon while at the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
• Miguel Angel Franco, 74, was charged Friday with misdemeanor simple assault in the 3100 block of N.C. 801, Woodleaf.
• Timothy Dale Sechler, 48, was charged Friday with misdemeanor communicating threats in the 300 block of South Enochville Avenue, Kannapolis.
• Jerry Glenn Pratt, 38, was charged Saturday with felony obtaining property by false pretenses at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• Alexandria Marie Spencer, 23, was charged Saturday with simple assault in the 8000 block of Statesville Boulevard.
• Rory Shae Smith, 26, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance in the 700 block of Dukeville Road.
• Ashley Elizabeth Wilson, 31, was charged Sunday with felony obtaining property by false pretenses in the 900 block of North Salisbury Avenue, Spencer.
• James Ray Jarrell, 26, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 500 block of Renshaw Ford Road, Woodleaf.
• Austin Lee Sharp, 36, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance on Old Beatty Ford Road.
• Jesse Allen Redding, 21, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 200 block of St. Paul’s Church Road.
In Salisbury Police Department reports:
• A man reported Monday that someone kicked in the front door to a vacant rental home in the 400 block of South Caldwell Street.
• A woman reported a knife assault Monday in the 2100 block of South Main Street.
• Super Speedwash reported a larceny Monday at 124 S. Avalon Drive.
• A woman reported Tuesday that her back windshield was shattered while her vehicle was parked in the 600 block of West Kerr Street.
• A woman reported a larceny Tuesday in the 1000 block of West Innes Street.
• A woman reported an assault Tuesday in the 100 block of Lilly Avenue.
• Lucky J’s Arcade reported a larceny Tuesday at 618 E. Innes St.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.