Posters Nov. 1
• Humane Society of Rowan County fall spaghetti fundraiser, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. and 5-8 p.m. Friday, Rhyne Building of Stallings Memorial Baptist Church, 217 S. Main St. Dine in or carry out. Delivery of five or more meals to a work site. Donations of pet food and cat litter accepted.
• 48th annual Louisiana Turkey Gumbo, Friday, Sacred Heart Catholic Daughters. Meals and quarts, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.; quarts only, 5-8 p.m. Eat in or take out. Benefits CDA service projects.
• Semiannual barbecue, 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday or until gone, The Arbor United Methodist Church, 5545 Woodleaf Road. Pork barbecue and chicken plates; homemade desserts. Also whole or half chickens and barbecue sandwiches. Eat in or takeout.
• Liberty United Methodist Church fall barbecue, 10 a.m. Saturday. Bazaar featuring handmade crafts from local community and United Methodist Women.
• Fall festival, 5-7:30 p.m. Saturday, Patterson Grange, 3570 Patterson Road. Hayrides, games, pumpkin and face painting, movie. Children $5. Popcorn, cake walk, 50/50. Food available for purchase; cash only.
SALISBURY — Darrell A. Conner is spending time these days helping his brother clear some land, so he often finds... read more