Posters Oct. 17
Published 12:00 am Wednesday, October 17, 2018
• J.C. Price Alumni Association fall regional meeting. Take the bus to Atlanta on Nov. 9-12. Reserve a seat before Friday. 704-603-4146 or 704-633-7162.
• Port-a-pit chicken/ribs dinners, 10 a.m. until Friday, Moore’s Chapel AME Zion Church, 890 S. River Church Road, Cleveland (Chenault and Cool Springs roads). Half chicken plate, $10; chicken drumette plate, $10; ribs plate, $12. With baked beans, slaw, roll, dessert. Eat-in or carry out. 704-278-2885
• Blood drive and Fall Fest fundraiser, 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, Trading Ford Baptist Church. Craft booths, chicken & dumplings and more to raise money for a new playground. To sign up for a booth, call 704-633-5986. To donate blood, call 704-223-1567.
• “Common Money Mistakes” workshop, 1:30-3 p.m. Saturday, Hood Theological Seminary chapel, 1810 Lutheran Synod Drive. Free. Register at Eventbrite or Deltaxi1947@gmail.com. Light refreshments. Sponsored by local chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha sorority.
• Rowan Redbuds Garden Club, 1 p.m. Oct. 25, Hurley Park gazebo, 304 Annandale Ave. Program on trees with Mark Martin and Danelle Cutting. If there is heavy rain, the meeting will be canceled.
• Hurricane Florence relief drive, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Oct. 20 and 27, Bethel Enrichment Center, 1209 Opal St., Kannapolis. Accepting money, gift cards, baby items, household cleaning supplies, cleaning gloves, toiletries, cleaning masks, air mattresses, adult diapers, feminine items. www.bbc-ministries.org