Police Blotter: Salisbury man charged with drug possession during license check
By Shavonne Walker
SALISBURY — Salisbury police charged a local man with drug possession during a license check at Brenner Avenue and Standish Street early Friday morning.
Harry Anthony Garlin, 49, of the 300 block of Chesapeake Drive, was charged with felony possession of a controlled substance Schedule II and possession of an open container. He was released from the Rowan County jail under a $2,500 secured bond.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
• A man reported a robbery Tuesday in the 500 block of South Clay Street.
• A woman reported Tuesday that shots were fired into a home in the 1600 block of Standish Street.
• A woman on Tuesday reported a fight in the street between a woman and man as the result of an argument over their child in the 700 block of Pinehurst Street.
• Appliance Warehouse reported a stolen dryer Tuesday from the business in the 200 block of Henry Laurens Circle.
• A man reported a breaking and entering Tuesday in the 200 block of Spring Drive.
• A woman said Wednesday her house was broken into in the 200 block of Wilson Road.
• Enterprise Rent-A-Car reported on Wednesday someone rented a vehicle but did not return it to 315 Bendix Drive.
• A man reported vandalism Wednesday in the 700 block of Maple Avenue.
• A woman reported vandalism Thursday in the 1200 block of West Fisher Street.
• A man reported an assault Thursday in the 1000 block of East Innes Street and northbound Interstate 85.
• A woman on Friday reported a shooting into an occupied property in the 800 block of Ivy Street.
• Tiffany Estella Blackwelder, 29, was charged Tuesday with felony robbery with a dangerous weapon in the 500 block of South Clay Street.
• Mondie Nichole Weber, 31, was charged Wednesday with felony possession of a controlled substance Schedule I in the 500 block of Lake Drive.
• Mykel Jayshawn Jones, 18 was charged Friday with felony possession of stolen goods, misdemeanor carrying a concealed weapon and felony possession of a controlled substance with intent to manufacture a Schedule VI controlled substance.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A woman on Wednesday said she was assaulted by her husband in the 1200 block of Celestial Drive.
• A man said tools were stolen Tuesday from a building in the 200 block of Vista Drive.
• Christopher Eugene Ball, 49, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 1200 block of Celestial Drive.
• Harold Rayl Lowry, 35, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia while at the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
• Jacob Brandon Peterson, 25, was charged Wednesday with felony possession of a controlled substance Schedule III at the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
• Robert Lee Newling, 54, was charged Wednesday with felony larceny of a motor vehicle while at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• Tyler Nicholas Bell, 27, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor breaking and entering in the 9000 block of Fannie Sloan Road, Mount Ulla.
• Taylor Leigh Copeland, 27, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor child abuse in the 300 block of Corriher Heights Avenue, China Grove.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.
The Associated Press Millions of people in the path of Hurricane Florence were hunkering down Friday as the monster storm... read more