County Chamber selects 30 community leaders for Leadership Rowan
By Liz Moomey
ROWAN COUNTY — Thirty community leaders have been selected for the 26th Class of Leadership Rowan to ensure they are knowledgable about issues, networking and passionate about the community’s success.
The 10-month program will take the leaders on exclusive tours and provide hands-on experience.
“We are extremely proud of the history and success of Leadership Rowan with over 550 graduates of the program,” said Bob Cartner, of Chandler Concrete & Building Supply and the Steering Committee chairman.
The Leadership Rowan program begins this month. Once graduating in May 2019, the participants will have new knowledge and connections.
The 30 members include:
- Lisa Altmann, Rowan Salisbury Schools
- Teen Aron, Community Care Clinic of Rowan County
- Brittney Barnhardt, Rowan Salisbury Schools and Christiana Lutheran Church
- Lorie Cohen, Chandler Concrete
- Melinda Daniel, Atrium Health
- Charles Drake, Rowan County Government
- William Easterling, Novant Health Rowan Medical Center
- Cristina Fein, Integro Technologies
- Brent Frick, Wells Fargo
- Donna Groce, Trinity Oaks
- Kimberly Harrington, Livingstone College
- Kendall Henderson, Rowan Economic Development
- Rebecca Hooks, Rowan-Cabarrus Community College
- Danielle Hough, North Carolina Transportation Museum
- Terence Jamison, NSC Behavioral Concepts,LLC
- Melissa Oleen, Rowan County Library
- Clark Poole, Rowan-Salisbury School System
- Cassandra Rankin, Prevent Child Abuse Rowan
- PJ Ricks, retired educator
- Ellen Robertson, Fisher Realty, Inc.
- Stephen Ross, Walser Technology Group, Inc.
- Chris Soliz, Rowan County EMS
- Erin Stringer, Catawba College
- Erica Taylor, Rowan Helping Ministries
- Angel Teems, F&M Bank
- Shelley Tyler-Smith, Catawba College
- Jenny Waisner, Salisbury-Rowan Utilities
- Morgan Watts, NC Cooperative Extension
- Tye Woods, Novant Health Rowan Medical Center
- Melissa Yates, Bayada Home Health Care
The community leaders will attend a two-day retreat on Aug. 16-17. From September to May, the members will have a monthly session to enhance their leadership skills and knowledge of the county.
For more information about Leadership Rowan, contact Mary Scott Norris at 704-633-4221 or email@example.com.
We all want to know if it’s going to rain on any given day. When you check your local forecast... read more