Attention, artists: Rowan Helping Ministries wants your entries for Christmas Honor Card
SALISBURY — Rowan Helping Ministries is now accepting artwork submissions from the community to be considered for the cover of its annual Christmas Honor Card.
The Christmas Honor Card, a tradition since 1994, is a special way to recognize a friend, teacher, coworker or family member this holiday season by making a minimum $5 donation in their honor to the agency.
Cards will be available for purchase at the organization, as well as various retail and bank locations across Rowan County.
Rowan Helping Ministries encourages artists to use their imagination to visually convey the organizations’s 32-year history of serving neighbors in need.
Its mission is “to serve, through cooperative community action, our neighbors in Rowan County who are in crisis, by providing essential life needs and educating and empowering them to break the cycle of crisis.”
The organization’s motto is “Putting God’s Love Into Action.”
Artists’ submissions for the Christmas Honor Card should meet the following requirements:
• Artwork size can be 5×7, 7×10, 9×12½ or 10×14.
• Bleed the color outside of dimension chosen to allow for cropping.
• The artist’s signature should be well inside dimension lines.
• The theme and title of artwork will be the choice of the artist.
• Artists should include their name, artwork title and medium used on a separate sheet with their submissions.
• The artwork will become the property of Rowan Helping Ministries.
• Submission deadline is Sept. 7, by 5 p.m.
The winning artist will be chosen in mid September and honored at an unveiling reception in late October.
Last year’s Christmas Honor Card raised over $37,000 to benefit Rowan Helping Ministries programs and services.
Honor Card proceeds will help the agency provide food, clothing, financial assistance and shelter to Rowan County’s most fragile citizens.
For more information and to receive a submission form, contact Karen Taylor at 704-637-6838, extension 100 or email email@example.com.